Silsbee greatest team ever

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I think this year's team is one of the best. Really gonna miss watching Grubbs, Dontre, and Lil Rick. 31-6 and state runner is nothing to shake your head at. A town of 7000 playing vs a city of 2 million. Lincoln, Carter, and Skyline should all be 5A. 

Skyline is 6A , but why should Lincoln and Carter be forced to play 6A? Dallas is not like Houston or even Beaumont ISDs. They do not allow players to transfer between programs or pick their high school. Madison did break the rules, but they were caught and Dallas has only doubled down on the efforts on making sure the players live in the attendance zone of the school they attend or else sit out. The coaches and administrators were fired, as well as the state championship being vacated. Skyline does accept players but only if they are in the magnet program and that is not many of the athletes. If you look at their football program they have a lot less players than other 6A programs.

South Dallas has always just had athletes. Lincoln and Madison are a little bit more north, but Carter and SOC are a part of Dallas ISD. DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster are all separate districts. It might be one of the most talented areas in the country based on the size of the area.

Nothing against Silsbee. Hopefully they will win it next year. I just don't think schools should be forced to play in a different classification because it is in a city. Houston ISD is another story because of the rules, but Dallas, the San Antonio districts, Fort Worth, and Austin do not allow transfers. They follow the same rules as Silsbee and Hardin Jefferson and for that they should not be punished.  

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

I think this year's team is one of the best. Really gonna miss watching Grubbs, Dontre, and Lil Rick. 31-6 and state runner is nothing to shake your head at. A town of 7000 playing vs a city of 2 million. Lincoln, Carter, and Skyline should all be 5A. 

Enrollments per the UIL State Basketball Tournament Media Guide

Silsbee 816

Levelland 799

Dallas Lincoln 550

LaMarque 426

Lincoln could dang near be 3A, and LaMarque will be 3A next two years.

8 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

Put that 1994, 95 team in that class! That team played against NBA player Steve Jackson had a lot more  competition back then! That team also beat that bumble bee team and went down to the wire to make it to state,it went into over time the bees won state that year! More people the  Montagne has ever seen! IMO

That game was played in Deer Park.  I was at that game, and I have never seen the Montagne, much less been in it.

4 hours ago, RaiderRed30 said:

Skyline is 6A , but why should Lincoln and Carter be forced to play 6A? Dallas is not like Houston or even Beaumont ISDs. They do not allow players to transfer between programs or pick their high school. Madison did break the rules, but they were caught and Dallas has only doubled down on the efforts on making sure the players live in the attendance zone of the school they attend or else sit out. The coaches and administrators were fired, as well as the state championship being vacated. Skyline does accept players but only if they are in the magnet program and that is not many of the athletes. If you look at their football program they have a lot less players than other 6A programs.

South Dallas has always just had athletes. Lincoln and Madison are a little bit more north, but Carter and SOC are a part of Dallas ISD. DeSoto, Duncanville, and Lancaster are all separate districts. It might be one of the most talented areas in the country based on the size of the area.

Nothing against Silsbee. Hopefully they will win it next year. I just don't think schools should be forced to play in a different classification because it is in a city. Houston ISD is another story because of the rules, but Dallas, the San Antonio districts, Fort Worth, and Austin do not allow transfers. They follow the same rules as Silsbee and Hardin Jefferson and for that they should not be punished.  

D Lincoln won it all.  I refuse to believe those players just happened to grow up in the area of D Lincoln. There was some manipulation somewhere along the line.

I can remember the teams in 71, 72.  Great teams.  Some of those teams after that I didn't see.  This year's team was the first to blow by the state semi final game, with a 40 pt win at that.   Therefore this year's team has a legitimate argument for being the best team of all times.  

2 hours ago, Kountzer said:

D Lincoln won it all.  I refuse to believe those players just happened to grow up in the area of D Lincoln. There was some manipulation somewhere along the line.

After the Madison scandal, Dallas checks everything twice. You can refuse to believe it, but if the players have transferred in from another school within Dallas ISD or elsewhere they have to sit out a year. It could be that 4 or 5 transferred in as freshman but then again a player from Kountze or Lumberton could transfer in to Silsbee. The same rules apply. If they don't live there it's one year waiting.

I think what made this team special was their depth. But, I don't think their top group is as strong individually as the teams mentioned in the 90s. 

Also, the depth has been the talking point all year, but I was a little confused that it wasn't utilized in the second half like it had been throughout the season. 

5 hours ago, Kountzer said:

That game was played in Deer Park.  I was at that game, and I have never seen the Montagne, much less been in it.

Don't know what game ur talking about, but Silsbee and  Lincoln bumblebees played at the  Montagne in 1995 the biggest  crowd ever at Lamar  Montagne Center!

Kountzer, that game was at the Montage Center. I was there on the bench. There was close to 6000 people or more at the game. Starting for Silsbee was Wille Jones jr, Russell Whitmore, Donyel Allen, Damien Bush, and AL Henry. Lincoln started Xavier Lee, Stephen Jackson, Keith Harris, comoeux, and ????. 

43 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Kountzer, that game was at the Montage Center. I was there on the bench. There was close to 6000 people or more at the game. Starting for Silsbee was Wille Jones jr, Russell Whitmore, Donyel Allen, Damien Bush, and AL Henry. Lincoln started Xavier Lee, Stephen Jackson, Keith Harris, comoeux, and ????. 

NO. LIncoln started Spencer Comeaux, Sidney Keal, Dominic Hardie, Stephen Jackson, and Keith Harris. Who the heck is XAVIER LEE?? Wait....Did you just mix two players from the 91 state championship team? Xavier HINTON and Lee HARMASON?? LOL