Silsbee vs. Houston Yates

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Lancaster, Plano West and Bridgeport all relied on transfers to win state titles last year.  In fact Plano West had 4 players off the same AAU team Texas Titans all living in the same house together.

I think these kids still live in Silsbee,but go to a private school in Beaumont!

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:59 PM, BADSANTA said:

Being honest, I don't think Yates talent pool is what it was over the past 5 seasons. Yates won't beat Silsbee next year. Wheatley has a their allstate post #23 coming back and could be better than Yates 

What if they revive their communications program?

It's funny how I keep reading how Yates doesn't have the same team from a few years ago. It's difficult to duplicate a team that went undefeated, Won The State (Back2Back) and National Title. Yates will be fine this coming season. I see no reason why Yates shouldn't be heading up I-45 North to play at Sam Houston. If my memory is correct Yates has a nice record playing at Sam Houston. 

I read every season how Great these teams are from SETX but I have yet to see the following within the past decade:

1. Win State

2. Go undefeated 

3. Be more Consistent in playing for the title (One and done doesn't count)

I'm waiting to see who's alumni has accomplished those goals WITHIN THIS DECADE (10 yrs) 

Remember the last 2 titles were awarded to yates who did lose to Madison 2 times ,both silsbee and yates have work to do no disrespect to yates they deserve their titles but give silsbee some time to prove themselves their best talent pool is still yet to come they have a ton of talent yet to come but work needs to be done if both theTigers and lions meet then the winner should win state these 2 teams will probably play in the regionaltournament the next 3 yrs at least

8 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

Remember the last 2 titles were awarded to yates who did lose to Madison 2 times ,both silsbee and yates have work to do no disrespect to yates they deserve their titles but give silsbee some time to prove themselves their best talent pool is still yet to come they have a ton of talent yet to come but work needs to be done if both theTigers and lions meet then the winner should win state these 2 teams will probably play in the regionaltournament the next 3 yrs at least

Yates Won 2 On The Court & 2 In The Court, I would consider that "Great "

so the Silsbee Team that lost to Yates a few years ago wasn't their Best Team ??? 

It was silsbee and p.a. Lincoln for many years back in the day before yates came about no that wasn't Silsbee's best tea m the 95 team learned a hard lesson they were 31-0 had back then beat a solid Channelview team ranked #3 in 5a and upset #1 5a north shore  that year but didn't practice for their first round playoff game against chapel hill and overlooked them ready to play  pa lincoln and we're upset  that one was on silsbee and that cloud has been hanging over them every since but the 95 team was the best to me they were also 16 deep as well

This era of tigers are very talented as well and I do believe they will win  a title or 2 before this 5-7 yr run is. Over plus realignment will play a big roll as well with teams moving up and down I would have loved to see yates and pa lincoln play the bumble bees hold the state record for the most titles winning 9 titles

26 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

This era of tigers are very talented as well and I do believe they will win  a title or 2 before this 5-7 yr run is. Over plus realignment will play a big roll as well with teams moving up and down I would have loved to see yates and pa lincoln play the bumble bees hold the state record for the most titles winning 9 titles

Nice response, does your crystal ball predict when any other SETX Team will when the title??? 

Please enlighten this lost soul, when was the last time PA Lincoln Won There Last State Title??? 

2 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

It's funny how I keep reading how Yates doesn't have the same team from a few years ago. It's difficult to duplicate a team that went undefeated, Won The State (Back2Back) and National Title. Yates will be fine this coming season. I see no reason why Yates shouldn't be heading up I-45 North to play at Sam Houston. If my memory is correct Yates has a nice record playing at Sam Houston. 

I read every season how Great these teams are from SETX but I have yet to see the following within the past decade:

1. Win State

2. Go undefeated 

3. Be more Consistent in playing for the title (One and done doesn't count)

I'm waiting to see who's alumni has accomplished those goals WITHIN THIS DECADE (10 yrs) 

Kountze in 07... HJ in 07.. State championships... In this decade 

4 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Nice response, does your crystal ball predict when any other SETX Team will when the title??? 

Please enlighten this lost soul, when was the last time PA Lincoln Won There Last State Title??? 

Silsbee will beat Yates this year hands down.! When and wherever they meet up. :)