Remembering the Reagans

TxHoops

On that note, I'm disappointed again at another skipped funeral by the President.  I realize it's not the most important thing in the world but it is a sign of respect and has been one of those times when people from both sides of the aisle unite together.  Just bad form IMO.  And this coming from someone who loves Austin and SXSW as much as anyone. 

17 minutes ago, REBgp said:

After reading the article saying how Mrs. Reagan restored elegance to the White House, it's sad to see the current occupants show so little class.  Just another example of how this man never ceases to amaze me.  

I was also struck by how horrified she would be by the lack of decorum in this election.  What is the worst part of it to me is it is as much an "us" problem as it is with the guys engaging in these ridiculous debates, etc.  If people were as outraged as Nancy Reagan would be, they would clean it up and talk about the real issues.  I can only assume they don't because this is what "the people" want to hear.  It speaks volumes about our society and it's not good.  There have to be plenty of former Presidents rolling over in their graves when pee pee size is discussed on a Presidential debate stage...

19 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I was also struck by how horrified she would be by the lack of decorum in this election.  What is the worst part of it to me is it is as much an "us" problem as it is with the guys engaging in these ridiculous debates, etc.  If people were as outraged as Nancy Reagan would be, they would clean it up and talk about the real issues.  I can only assume they don't because this is what "the people" want to hear.  It speaks volumes about our society and it's not good.  There have to be plenty of former Presidents rolling over in their graves when pee pee size is discussed on a Presidential debate stage...

Somewhere, somehow, I've fell out of the mainstream.  I started feeling like a stranger when people watched and talked about reality shows like Jerry Springer.  Couldn't believe folks aired their dysfunctional lives, and that people actually enjoyed watching it.  Now it's in our political debates.  Yep, the river is flowing and I'm hiding out in a bayou.