#15 Teague vs # 5 Kountze

2 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

#1 Brownfield will come out of Region I if they're not upset by #3 Childress like last year. #7 Van Alstyne and #6 Red Oak Life will play each other in the Region II Final. Region IV is a toss-up between SA Randolph, Goliad, and Aransas Pass. Region III will be either Kountze or East Chambers, in my opinion.

I believe the state tourney will be Brownfield, Red Oak Life, Kountze/East Chambers, and Aransas Pass.

2 hours ago, utfan06 said:

I haven't seen Brownfield or Van Alstyne or red oak life. But I know Van Alstyne lost their best player to injury at the beginning of the year. Also I'm hearing Cole is most likely playing for Kountze this weekend 

That would help a lot. 

19 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

On the topic of Cole and Dre I was curious as to when they would be back. I did a little digging and found the that Kountze's reporting period ended on February 12th, not making Cole and Dre ineligible until February 19th. Making the earliest day they could return, 3 weeks, being March 11th at 3:30.  Just FYI

That's how I understood it.

32 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

On the topic of Cole and Dre I was curious as to when they would be back. I did a little digging and found the that Kountze's reporting period ended on February 12th, not making Cole and Dre ineligible until February 19th. Making the earliest day they could return, 3 weeks, being March 11th at 3:30.  Just FYI

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's how I understood it.

That's incorrect. The 4th six weeks ended on February 12th. At that time both players we're ineligible. They didn't play that night against Warren.

19 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

That's incorrect. The 4th six weeks ended on February 12th. At that time both players we're ineligible. They didn't play that night against Warren.

That is incorrect, those players were eligible for the Warren game on the 12th. There is a 7 day window between grade reports and ineligibility beginning. Those players were not ineligible until February 19th, and are not eligible until March 11th. It's does not matter because Joubert obviously understands the rule.

1 minute ago, About a week ago said:

That is incorrect, those players were eligible for the Warren game on the 12th. There is a 7 day window between grade reports and ineligibility beginning. Those players were not ineligible until February 19th, and are not eligible until March 11th. It's does not matter because Joubert obviously understands the rule.

Got it. I wasn't aware of the 7-day window. 

16 hours ago, TopDawG52 said:

So Far kountze has been fine.. they haven't had a cupcake walk to this point.. beat 2 pretty good teams in Crockett and Hempstead.  I was really impressed with the Lions how they stepped up when Grayland got in foul trouble in the 2nd quarter of the hempstead game. 

That was the Crockett game. I just hope I can find a online broadcast or something for the game 

Stories on Teague..

This is the hidden content, please

The boys basketball teams at Teague and Coolidge have traveled this road before. With all due respect to this weekend’s destination, they are wanting to extend their journey another week.

It was just a year ago that the Lions and Yellowjackets saw their seasons end in their respective regional semifinals. Coincidentally enough, both teams came away feeling like they could have played better, could have beaten the teams that knocked them out.

Crockett bounced the Lions from the regional semifinals with a 61-57 victory, an outcome that didn’t sit right with the Teague players then or now. Not only did they feel like they let the Crockett game slip away, they also believed they matched up well against Kountze, the eventual regional champion.

So when the Lions (24-4) drew Kountze for their opponent in Friday’s 6 p.m. Region III-3A semifinal game at Midway, they were happy about it. They know beating Kountze won’t be easy, but when has reaching the state tournament ever been considered easy?

Teague’s offensive game plan is simple: Run, run and run some more. The Lions aim to slice off passing lanes and force turnovers defensively, then fire the ball up court in a hurry. So, if you get out and fill a lane, you’re liable to get a breakaway layup at some point.

This is the hidden content, please

FAIRFIELD — Like any high school basketball game, Teague’s raucous fans chanted, “De-fense! De-fense!” until they were hoarse-throated.

Fortunately for the orange-shirted faithful, the Lions listened.

Covering the court better than a can of wax, Teague harassed Rice for 94 feet and four quarters, snagging a 79-60 victory in the Region III-3A boys’ basketball quarterfinals Tuesday night at Fairfield’s Johnson Activity Center.

Next up for Teague is fifth-ranked Kountze, a traditional power that won’t be easy to topple. But it’s actually a matchup the Lions have wanted for a while.

“The irony of all this is we played Crockett last year in the regional semifinals and we lost,” Patrick said. “We shouldn’t have lost that game. If we would have won, we’d have played Kountze. We sat there and watched them and said, ‘Man, we could have beaten them and gone to state.’ So the irony is that we’re going back to regionals and we’re going to play that team that we thought we could beat to go to state. The only way I want it.”

If I am hearing this right, Teague like to run and play full court press??  This is EXACTLY what Kountze want you to do!!  Are you kidding me:!  I am just going to predict that the team with the most fouls will end up losing and I am going to predict Kountze will break the 100 mark in this game.  Arnold will probably have one of the best games of his life and would love to see how they hold him one on one or prevent him from getting double digit assist.  I also believe it will come down to a chess game and which coach will make the right decisions.  Wish, I can be there to see this one.  PREDICTION:  Kountze 101 - Teague 79 (and that is if this game will be a run - run full press game....just my opinion:)

1 hour ago, Highschoolfootball99 said:

Anyone coming from kountze i suggest Ya get there a hour or hour half early the gym is very very small worse than last years regional torny in lufkin!

Wow! I wonder what the UIL was thinking? I'm sure there are alot of other schools with large gyms who could've hosted.