#15 Teague vs # 5 Kountze

5 minutes ago, utfan06 said:

Kountze by... 11. If cole and Dre play Kountze by 18-22

Enjoyed watching the game with you man. And I agree with your assessment on this next game.

Teague will not like running up and down the court very much. TJ needs to have a bounce back game.

And, hopefully like you say.......Dre and Cole will return to aide the portion in the paint and defense.

Alright for all the people saying Teague will not  wanna run up and down. Guess what that's all we wanna do. We do not set up a offense and play half court all we do is run run run. The only thing that is a weakness for Teague is a don't pass the ball very well which make us turn the ball over often. If we continue just lobbing the ball when we pass we will have about 15-20 turnovers and kountze will win by 20 plus. If we limit turnover then the game will be close but still think kountze is the team to beat in the entire state!

teague 85

kountze 83

As I always do when we make it to the Regional tournament I like to provide a little bit of Kountze history and mojo surrounding Regional Tournaments...

Since the '94-'95 season Kountze has never lost in the Semi-Final round. We currently have a 14-game winning streak in Semi-final games. The longest absence we had from the Regional tournament was from '07-'11 (5 years). Now when we get to the Regional Final strange things happen..Lol! The '96 Kountze team was up on Hempstead by 8 points with less than 2 minutes to go and ended up losing by 3... That same Hempstead team knocked off #1 Hardin-Jefferson 83-82 the night before. I know everyone remembers the Tatum coast-to-coast buzzer beater in 2014... 

Let's keep that streak going. 

13 minutes ago, Highschoolfootball99 said:

Alright for all the people saying Teague will not  wanna run up and down. Guess what that's all we wanna do. We do not set up a offense and play half court all we do is run run run. The only thing that is a weakness for Teague is a don't pass the ball very well which make us turn the ball over often. If we continue just lobbing the ball when we pass we will have about 15-20 turnovers and kountze will win by 20 plus. If we limit turnover then the game will be close but still think kountze is the team to beat in the entire state!

teague 85

kountze 83

Kountze is not the team to beat in the entire state. There are a few others.. #1 Brownfield, #7 Van Alstyne, and #6 Red Oak Life. I would also throw #11 East Chambers in the mix. 

19 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

Teague is not going to want to run and will give up plenty of turnovers.

This game may get out of hand pretty quick.

Without Dre and Cole they are not! Still very good, but they are not the same team. Kountze fans will even tell you that. Even with Cole and Dre, IMO Brownfield, Van Alstyne, and Red Oak Life are the best.

1 minute ago, utfan06 said:

I haven't seen Brownfield or Van Alstyne or red oak life. But I know Van Alstyne lost their best player to injury at the beginning of the year. Also I'm hearing Cole is most likely playing for Kountze this weekend 

#1 Brownfield will come out of Region I if they're not upset by #3 Childress like last year. #7 Van Alstyne and #6 Red Oak Life will play each other in the Region II Final. Region IV is a toss-up between SA Randolph, Goliad, and Aransas Pass. Region III will be either Kountze or East Chambers, in my opinion.