Big Sandy v San Augustine

HasBeen36

San Augustine will play a style that will bring out the best in Big Sandy. They'll want to run and the game will be over and the coach will be thinking to himself, man why did I try to run on these guys?

I believe it will be close at times but Big Sandy will pull away late 3rd or early 4th and end up with a 25 point victory. Give me:

Big Sandy 78

San Augustine 53

I said that a long time ago and did not put up any money with it, so it was a rather easy statement to make.

If large cash were involved, I would not be so quick to say BS would be 20 point favorites in all playoff games - up to state game vs. most likely Canadian (re-match)

San Aug / Tenaha / Canadian

1 minute ago, MOSSHILL said:

I said that a long time ago and did not put up any money with it, so it was a rather easy statement to make.

If large cash were involved, I would not be so quick to say BS would be 20 point favorites in all playoff games - up to state game vs. most likely Canadian (re-match)

San Aug / Tenaha / Canadian

Canadian isn't the same team they were last year. Good chance they'll lose tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, Plus 1 said:

Canadian isn't the same team they were last year. Good chance they'll lose tomorrow night.

Yes, I have heard that before from their fans at the state football game this year at Reliant.

They lost all but 1 starter from last years team. But, with a team as experienced as this, I won't bet on them to lose over in a fairly weak region in comparison to Region III, this year.

Don't believe so. Big Sandy would have to fall apart and forget how to play basketball in order for a team like LaPoyner to upset them.

There is a lot of moving parts on this Big Sandy team. It's not like the bench is weak and can't score. 9 kids can be a scoring threat and could post in double figures

I'm looking for Angel and or Benz to have a break out huge game here really soon. And if Joe gets hot down low, watch out.

You'll have to excuse me for not knowing names. I know number 23 is Bullock but honestly he didn't seem to show up Friday night against Martinsville. 21 I believe was the number that seemed to take over the game. I know kids have off nights but I'm agreeing with your point I guess. They did seem very deep. Scored 101 without their star taking over. 20, their post, wasnt half bad either. Made a few nice moves down low

5 hours ago, HasBeen36 said:

You'll have to excuse me for not knowing names. I know number 23 is Bullock but honestly he didn't seem to show up Friday night against Martinsville. 21 I believe was the number that seemed to take over the game. I know kids have off nights but I'm agreeing with your point I guess. They did seem very deep. Scored 101 without their star taking over. 20, their post, wasnt half bad either. Made a few nice moves down low

What makes BS so good is that there is not one "star" on the team.  When someone is having an off night, the next person steps up their game.  And you are right about Angel having an off night, but #21 stepped up his game as he did in the 1st round game.  His name is Samuel Richards, and he will be the only member of the team to return next year, as he is just a sophomore.  To win the champ this year we need all 11 at the top of their game.  A deeper bench should be a huge advantage as we get further into the playoffs.  Go Wildcats!!

7 hours ago, MOSSHILL said:

Yes, I have heard that before from their fans at the state football game this year at Reliant.

They lost all but 1 starter from last years team. But, with a team as experienced as this, I won't bet on them to lose over in a fairly weak region in comparison to Region III, this year.

I wouldn't call Region I weak. They may not have the strongest teams but they do have the defending champ plus their is no favorite in that region. Anyone that is still alive there can still win that region. Then whoever survives to state has been battle tested. Big Sandy vs. San Augustine may be close, but Big Sandy could also easily win every game in their region by 30. That could hurt them come state.

1 minute ago, BS Wildcats said:

Kinda sounds like BS.  Don't think they are taking SA lightly at all.  Can't see why u think they are?

Your cheerleader MossHill.  SA has a heck of a defense, they score in the paint really well and have a few 3 pt shooters.  Cant wait to see BS play!

10 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Your cheerleader MossHill.  SA has a heck of a defense, they score in the paint really well and have a few 3 pt shooters.  Cant wait to see BS play!

Don't get your arse hurt when you get that beat down Wolfboy.

9 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Im glad we are there.  Team full SO and JR's...we are going to be good for years to come!  Where is your team?  Be sure to bring your pom poms tomorrow!

I don't have a dog in the hunt. If you win vs. Big Sandy, then i'd be hoping SA would win the whole thing. I'm under obligation based on my Dec prediction to see BIG Sandy through the whole way to state. Has nothing to do with wanting you to lose or anything. Your team just so happened to step in the way of my prediction. Wish all team from east/southeast texas the best......