Beaumont Ozen 70 New Caney 56/Final

WOSgrad

My take on the game:

1. Ozen is a very solid team and gave us fits with their press.  They play with such confidence.

2. Ozen also hurt us on the offensive glass.  Gibson and Boyd were just too big and too physical.

3. Bolden hit nine 3's last night which definitely helped the cause.

4. I would like to think that Ozen didn't play down but rather New Caney played well and had a good game plan.  But then again I am biased.

Overall it was a fun game and I really enjoyed it.  At least it wasn't a snooze fest blow out.  The better team won last night and moved on to the next round.  My one observation was it didn't look like Ozen was enjoying or having fun last night.  I hope they aren't consumed with the destination but rather take time to enjoy the journey.  Smile and laugh,  which was my favorite part of the night.  Gibson tried to look at my dry erase board to see the play I drew up.  I said I can't allow you to do that, while smiling myself, and the kid had a huge smile on his face.  I erased it and then showed it to him and he cracked up laughing.  That's the spirit young kids need.  

Love the game. Enjoy the moment.

1 hour ago, BlkMamba24 said:

Central is playing at Lee College i believe so that isnt gonna hold 4 teams fans .. Ozens game might end up at Phillips Fieldhouse or Baytown Sterling but who knows... 

LoL,Toyota Center capacity is 18,043

However its booked Friday Feb.26(AC/DC) and Saturday Feb.27(Rockets vs N.O.L.A.)

Laugh for today on the house..... 

6 minutes ago, pallacanestro said:

My take on the game:

1. Ozen is a very solid team and gave us fits with their press.  They play with such confidence.

2. Ozen also hurt us on the offensive glass.  Gibson and Boyd were just too big and too physical.

4. I would like to think that Ozen didn't play down but rather New Caney played well and had a good game plan.  But then again I am biased.

Overall it was a fun game and I really enjoyed it.  At least it wasn't a snooze fest blow out.  The better team won last night and moved on to the next round.  My one observation was it didn't look like Ozen was enjoying or having fun last night.  I hope they aren't consumed with the destination but rather take time to enjoy the journey.  Smile and laugh,  which was my favorite part of the night.  Gibson tried to look at my dry erase board to see the play I drew up.  I said I can't allow you to do that, while smiling myself, and the kid had a huge smile on his face.  I erased it and then showed it to him and he cracked up laughing.  That's the spirit young kids need.  

I saw this when this took place...  Funny.  

6 hours ago, pallacanestro said:

My take on the game:

LOL! Enjoyed your post coach.