Discussion question:

jv_coach

Truth or preference   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider your "religion" to be a matter of preference, or to be true?

• Truth
    • Preference

48 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

i'm glad that you said this, because i read through the whole thread and was thinking to myself that nobody in their right mind would read this thread and feel like Christianity is something they'd want to be a part of.

That's their choice.......it's a shame they won't humble themselves before God and DO WHAT HE SAID TO DO.......

3 hours ago, Colmesneilfan1 said:

No, when you go to a congregation of the Lord's Church, you don't get an interpretation because God doesn't allow for that......

2 Peter 1:19-21English Standard Version (ESV)

19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, 20 knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation. 21 For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

So, if you are getting anything but the pure, unadulterated Word of God, you are in the wrong place......all of the errors, false teaching, and confusion come from men trying to interpret God's Word instead of faithfully accepting it as He revealed it to us.......

LOL!  Every post you make is an interpretation of an old document.  If you want to see it as "he revealed it"  you better learn to speak another language.

On March 28, 2016 at 2:30 PM, LumRaiderFan said:

I know, I got my answer.

Sure would be a shame to have a heart attack after accepting Christ on the way to the Church to get baptized...or not have gotten a chance to spread the gospel.

That would be a shame if he was deprived of salvation, but IMO God will make that decision, not any man.  

No need for rebuttal, but know that ever Sunday in church I pray that all who profess to follow Jesus will become better Christians. Just what I'd love to see our country full of, good Christians.  

I love to discuss religion, but don't want to argue about it.  God Bless!