21-5A predictions

BellBiz30

Bingo you nailed it squarely=Dayt not running the pigskin behind those big linemen the last few years,smh Styner 2015 was the last Bronco to rush over 1,000 yds since Peyton Ploch in 2009.Job #1 for Jeff is to restore interest for Dayt atheletics.Crosby has won 3 straight because Dayt has not played available talented kiddos@the Qb position(nor able to consistantly play run defense)but as bad as that part was we were still in all 3 games vs Crosby late in 4th qtr.SMH I never saw a Dayt team go for it on( 4th & 7 late 1st qtr 75 yds away from paydirt) w/the lead.Yep Hancock call in Crosby 2014.So I asked Stew @golf=All those yrs you were HC & Hancock was D/C it seems after 5 yrs of poor defense that you were doing all the coaching?response=I was(quote)

4 hours ago, liltex said:

Bingo you nailed it squarely=Dayt not running the pigskin behind those big linemen the last few years,smh Styner 2015 was the last Bronco to rush over 1,000 yds since Peyton Ploch in 2009.Job #1 for Jeff is to restore interest for Dayt atheletics.Crosby has won 3 straight because Dayt has not played available talented kiddos@the Qb position(nor able to consistantly play run defense)but as bad as that part was we were still in all 3 games vs Crosby late in 4th qtr.SMH I never saw a Dayt team go for it on( 4th & 7 late 1st qtr 75 yds away from paydirt) w/the lead.Yep Hancock call in Crosby 2014.So I asked Stew @golf=All those yrs you were HC & Hancock was D/C it seems after 5 yrs of poor defense that you were doing all the coaching?response=I was(quote)

Oh how times have changed when others are happy that they were "still in the game" with the Cougars. 

2013 / 2014 / 2015 / ???

I don't see the win streak stopping any time soon. 

2 hours ago, Red Dawn said:

Oh how times have changed when others are happy that they were "still in the game" with the Cougars. 

2013 / 2014 / 2015 / ???

I don't see the win streak stopping any time soon. 

I'll say it,we got out coached & depth was a problem.It was like the clap on clap off light switch w/number of kiddos quitting.

17 hours ago, liltex said:

Yet, when you ask him who the better coach was he'll tell you "Hancock". I don't think that speaks well for either guy. I understand the familiarity with Nations but you can't tell me the list of applicants for Dayton's AD position didn't have a guy more qualified than one who specializes in offense but hasn't called a play in 5 years. I think there are going to be Dayton fans at the end of next season that will reflect on Hancock's tenure and think it wasn't all that bad.

Where do you and Stew play at? I played River Terrace with my dad the other day and shot 78(39/39) playing lift-clean-and place. Might have to hook up on time soon, I'm trying to sharpen my game for our manager's cup tournament in Lake Charles at Gray Plantation next month.    

19 hours ago, liltex said:

I hope Hancock reads this site. It'll be eye opening to him to see the picture you painted of how his mentor views him. Sad

Or maybe I don't hope he reads it. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yet, when you ask him who the better coach was he'll tell you "Hancock". I don't think that speaks well for either guy. I understand the familiarity with Nations but you can't tell me the list of applicants for Dayton's AD position didn't have a guy more qualified than one who specializes in offense but hasn't called a play in 5 years. I think there are going to be Dayton fans at the end of next season that will reflect on Hancock's tenure and think it wasn't all that bad.

Where do you and Stew play at? I played River Terrace with my dad the other day and shot 78(39/39) playing lift-clean-and place. Might have to hook up on time soon, I'm trying to sharpen my game for our manager's cup tournament in Lake Charles at Gray Plantation next month.   

I think your wrong there chief - there is already around 10 new kids committing to play football that would'nt play for Hancock.Every year there were fewer & fewer kids participating in football and at least  3 to 5 kids that quit before the season ended because of Hancock( he won't be missed ) Stew kept him propped up for 5 years- enough is enough. Nation will bring a positive winning atmosphere to the program and your going to see the new and improved Dayton Bronco's - be scared be very scared !

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:30 AM, jayhawk said:

I think your wrong there chief - there is already around 10 new kids committing to play football that would'nt play for Hancock.Every year there were fewer & fewer kids participating in football and at least  3 to 5 kids that quit before the season ended because of Hancock( he won't be missed ) Stew kept him propped up for 5 years- enough is enough. Nation will bring a positive winning atmosphere to the program and your going to see the new and improved Dayton Bronco's - be scared be very scared !

Like I said, Hancock has been calling defenses against Crosby for longer than anybody we have faced or will face. Dayton's defense is the only reason they've been in the games the last few years, they've only scored over 20 offensive points once in that stretch. Now that Stew isn't around to prop the defense up you think Nations is going to come off of a 5 year hiatus and have anything for Riordan and this staff?

Getting new players is good, but are they good new players? If they were good they would've been trying to get scholarships and wouldn't have let a coach affect that goal. I think you can mark it down, with what Crosby has coming back and Nations first year as a head coach it'll be Dayton's worse loss to Crosby since the shutout in the rain. I hope Dayton is undefeated when Crosby comes to town though.

Time will tell and I think your going to be unpleasanty surprisied when Dayton comes to town your going to see a more emotionally charged  cohesive team instead of a  team thats been beat down before they walk out on the field.Going undefeated in 21-A won't be easy for any team and better not sleep on BH - looks like Crosby will be D-1 in the playoffs this year.

Well, you know what they say about blind "Sqwirl(s)". 

Per Maxpreps: "Might be the most underrated running back in the country". Crazy that he really hasn't even been the starter the last couple of years. 

Crazy that Crosby has an Aggie playing qb who could potentially be handing off to a Longhorn and Cougar while throwing what's most likely his third option below.

Option #2 for Netherly without the updated offer sheet. Jordan Hill -

This is the hidden content, please

Option #1 (IMO). Trey Edwards -

This is the hidden content, please

I look for Carlos Grace to have a good year for Crosby.  He missed last year after a standout sophomore year and is going to have something to prove.  Crosby played most of the district games with backs that were 4th and 5th at depth at that position. Williams and Grace will be a great duo again. I don't think Crosby will go D1 because I look for it to end up:

Crosby, Kpark, Humble, and ?

Kpark is going to surprise a lot of people.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2016 at 7:58 AM, Cougar14.2 said:

Like I said, Hancock has been calling defenses against Crosby for longer than anybody we have faced or will face. Dayton's defense is the only reason they've been in the games the last few years, they've only scored over 20 offensive points once in that stretch. Now that Stew isn't around to prop the defense up you think Nations is going to come off of a 5 year hiatus and have anything for Riordan and this staff?

Getting new players is good, but are they good new players? If they were good they would've been trying to get scholarships and wouldn't have let a coach affect that goal. I think you can mark it down, with what Crosby has coming back and Nations first year as a head coach it'll be Dayton's worse loss to Crosby since the shutout in the rain. I hope Dayton is undefeated when Crosby comes to town though.

If you sleep on Dayton and the new energy Nations is bringing then that will be a HUGE mistake. There is no doubt in my mind that Dayton will be District Championship contender this season.

On March 28, 2016 at 0:24 PM, PlayActionPass said:

If you sleep on Dayton and the new energy Nations is bringing then that will be a HUGE mistake. There is no doubt in my mind that Dayton will be District Championship contender this season.

Dayton will be a contender without a doubt. No sleeping on them from this Cougar fan. I do believe Crosby is the favorite, but lots of new kids in key places. Will depend on leadership, how the O-Line develops and how the defense comes along. I've never seen this many high caliber skill players at 1 time tho. If it clicks, Crosby will be the class of the field. If it doesn't or if the injury bug hits it will be a dog fight. 

Lots of ifs. But Dayton is a definite contender in my book. Not the favorite, but a contender. 

• 2 months later...

1. Crosby (Playoffs: 2nd round loss)

2. Barbers Hill (Playoffs: If they don't lose in the 2nd Round, they'll probably lose in the 3rd.)

3. Dayton (Playoffs: 3rd Round loss)

4. Kingwood Park (Playoffs: One and done)

5. New Caney

6. Humble

7. Porter

8. Splendora

9. Caney Creek

Crosby runs away with this district. BH and Dayton battle for 2nd, and for the higher D2 seed in the playoffs. Last spot is a 3-way race between KP, New Caney, and Humble, with the possibility of KP/Humble being a play-in game. Porter may have some surprises, but I don't think this is their year. The two newcomers will stay in the cellar.

1 hour ago, pdawg119 said:

2. Barbers Hill (Playoffs: If they don't lose in the 2nd Round, they'll probably lose in the 3rd.)

5. New Caney

6. Humble

7. Porter

8. Splendora

9. Caney Creek

Crosby runs away with this district. BH and Dayton battle for 2nd, and for the higher D2 seed in the playoffs. Last spot is a 3-way race between KP, New Caney, and Humble, with the possibility of KP/Humble being a play-in game. Porter may have some surprises, but I don't think this is their year. The two newcomers will stay in the cellar.

Play-in game ? You mean point differential ?

4 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

5. New Caney

6. Humble

7. Porter

8. Splendora

9. Caney Creek

My updated predictions:

1) Crosby 8-0

2) Dayton 6-2

3) KPark 6-2

4) New Caney 5-3

5) Humble 4-4

6) Barbers Hill 3-5

7) Porter 3-5

8) Caney Creek 1-7

9) Splendora 0-8

Crosby / Dayton game will be close as always. Didnt check to see if those records are possible. Just estimating W-Ls. 

16 hours ago, pdawg119 said:

5. New Caney

6. Humble

7. Porter

8. Splendora

9. Caney Creek

Normally I would have a retort for a remark like that but I somewhat agree. No other season has a district championship been more meaningless than this year. Crosby could run away with the district and get what I like to call the "2000s".  PAM in bi-district, Manvel in the second round, Cedar Park in the third round only to have Temple waiting in the regional final. If Barbers Hill or Dayton miss the playoffs though, I think Crosby get another D2 regional title.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Normally I would have a retort for a remark like that but I somewhat agree. No other season has a district championship been more meaningless than this year. Crosby could run away with the district and get what I like to call the "2000s".  PAM in bi-district, Manvel in the second round, Cedar Park in the third round only to have Temple waiting in the regional final. If Barbers Hill or Dayton miss the playoffs though, I think Crosby get another D2 regional title.

Daytons roster has probably tripled since Nations took over. Daytons tradition will continue to make the playoffs.. But lets play district first, see who comes out on top. 

GO BRONCOS!!!!!