College Baseball

Chester86

On March 12, 2016 at 6:27 PM, PhatMack19 said:

UCLA wins 6-3 to take 2 of 3 from Texas.  Texas is now 7-9 on the season.

Texas travels to A&M Tuesday then has a home series against Tulane this weekend.  

6 of those 7 losses are to ranked teams. 7th loss was to Ags....another ranked team. You should post these facts since SOS is everything, not the win/loss against pansies.

.....and I hate pollsters.

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

6 of those 7 losses are to ranked teams. 7th loss was to Ags....another ranked team. You should post these facts since SOS is everything, not the win/loss against pansies.

.....and I hate pollsters.

They will only play 1 ranked team the rest of the season so that should help.  

4 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

They will only play 1 ranked team the rest of the season so that should help.  

Good, then maybe our win/loss record will improve so that we look like a powerhouse. Lol

I am tired of small ball. Every time we have a runner on 1st with no outs, i don't believe in ALWAYS bunting him to 2nd.

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Good, then maybe our win/loss record will improve so that we look like a powerhouse. Lol

I am tired of small ball. Every time we have a runner on 1st with no outs, i don't believe in ALWAYS bunting him to 2nd.

That's how Augie plays.   When they changed the bats it worked well. They changed the ball to make it more live last year and Augie hasn't adjusted.  

A&M and Texas both had big series wins this weekend over top ranked teams each taking 2 of 3.  Texas led today but couldn't hold on for the sweep.  A&M only allowed 2 earned runs this weekend and still managed to drop game 2.  Defense let them down big time in game 2.  

Texas gets Lamar on Tuesday then has 3 games at OU over the weekend.  A 4-0 week would definately help their cause.

A&M plays at #25 Houston on Tuesday then travels to #1 Florida for the weekend series.  I wouldn't be totally upset with a 2-2 week, but hopefully they can win a few more.