2016 CFB Texas A&M Aggies

UTfanatic

1 hour ago, bulldogbacker said:

Allen on "reported" dumpster fire

This is the hidden content, please

This article does not contain a BR slideshow!

Kinda goes with what I have heard as well - if this is the truth then Sumlin's tenure is about to end. 

Glad to hear that Knight is a positive influence in the locker room - that appears to be needed.

1 hour ago, OldTimer said:

Kinda goes with what I have heard as well - if this is the truth then Sumlin's tenure is about to end. 

Glad to hear that Knight is a positive influence in the locker room - that appears to be needed.

What's interesting is that A&M is placing their faith in two qbs who are no longer at their past Big 12 schools because they couldn't earn a job or were beat out by younger players. I guess Knight and Hubanek weren't Big 12 good but they'll do for the SEC? Yet, of the three highest rated qbs A&M have ever landed, two transfer to the Big 12 and one goes to the AAC after experiencing College Station first hand. That has to be odd considering everyone wants to play in the SEC according to Aggy? What's even more weird is that although everyone wants to play in the SEC, all the top qbs from the state are committed to Big 12 schools. Beuchele and Ehlinger to Texas, Shawn Robinson to TCU and Kellen Mond to Baylor.  

I've said it many times on here, Kevin Sumlin made A&M a viable option for players that normally wouldn't consider College Station. I don't care if you do get Tom Herman to come coach, him or any other guy won't be able to recruit at the level that Sumlin is. Coaching may be a different story, but if you think running Sumlin out of town is going to get you more wins and better recruits I think you're sadly mistaken. When your own players use words like "gadgets" and "glitz" to describe your program you can almost bet there's no real substance, which I think everybody beside A&M fans saw when they tucked tail and left the Big 12.     

18 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What's interesting is that A&M is placing their faith in two qbs who are no longer at their past Big 12 schools because they couldn't earn a job or were beat out by younger players. I guess Knight and Hubanek weren't Big 12 good but they'll do for the SEC? Yet, of the three highest rated qbs A&M have ever landed, two transfer to the Big 12 and one goes to the AAC after experiencing College Station first hand. That has to be odd considering everyone wants to play in the SEC according to Aggy? What's even more weird is that although everyone wants to play in the SEC, all the top qbs from the state are committed to Big 12 schools. Beuchele and Ehlinger to Texas, Shawn Robinson to TCU and Kellen Mond to Baylor.  

I've said it many times on here, Kevin Sumlin made A&M a viable option for players that normally wouldn't consider College Station. I don't care if you do get Tom Herman to come coach, him or any other guy won't be able to recruit at the level that Sumlin is. Coaching may be a different story, but if you think running Sumlin out of town is going to get you more wins and better recruits I think you're sadly mistaken. When your own players use words like "gadgets" and "glitz" to describe your program you can almost bet there's no real substance, which I think everybody beside A&M fans saw when they tucked tail and left the Big 12.     

Interesting how you state that "Kevin Sumlin made A&M a viable option for players that normally wouldn't consider College Station" like before him that A&M was a recruiting wasteland.

It is also interesting that A&M in the 10 years BEFORE Sumlin stepped on campus had 2 top 10 classes, 2 top 15 classes and 6 top 25 classes according to Rivals - and those classes occured while Texas was at its most recent peak with 2 NC games on its resume - Texas was top 5 most of those years - so it looks to me like they were not being shutout before Sumlin arrived - and very likely will not be shutout when he leaves.

And this year it is no surprise that A&M could not get a highly rated QB to commit with the questions swirling around  the A&M program - Big 12 was the logical choice.  And the choice of the term tucked tail and ran from the Great Texas oppression is - well quite frankly - the Texas rationale they use for A&M who took a better option for them.  

Talk to me in a year or two when the Big 12 implodes and Texas is looking for another conference.  Texas has always liked being the big fish is a small pond and thinking that A&M would not jump ship without them and the fact that Texas and  their fans have never understood why A&M would "act without them" - lol.  Regardless of what happens A&M and the vast majority of its fans are very happy in the SEC and Texas and it s fans just better get used to it.

As far as A&M's place in the pecking order and the value of the SEC logo - again only time will tell - My opinion for what it is worth - A&M is well placed for the future of its athletic department.

Come on man, what player did A&M beat out Texas for when Texas was rolling. None of the Aggie stars were offered by Texas, not Johnny, not Von, not McNeal. I think maybe Micheal and Joeckel were the only ones that were offered and didn't come. Read up on Chis Daniels flip from OU and why he chose Texas, very similar to comments made a while ago by Clarence McKinney on why Sumlin connected with kids due to being from the South.

Even further, the kids A&M was able to get in those classes you're talking about were never able to a conference title in the lowly Big 12. You usually tuck tail and run because you can't win, A&M didn't and they subsequently left. No other way to really look at it, saying it was a better move for monetary reasons is really admitting to not wanting to be in Texas' shadow. If A&M was the brand they think they are then they should've been able to build a cash cow like Texas has, but they couldn't. Now they're stuck in perpetual mediocrity in the SEC.

Fact of the matter is A&M isn't going to get better players than the state school in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. You can definitely get a better class here or there, but take a look over in Baton Rouge. Les Miles was/is in the same situation as Sumlin and may have just signed his best class ever at LSU going off player averages. All the top prospects A&M wanted went to Ole Miss, including Lodge last year. All that while they ALREADY have better players and coaching than A&M. It's a dim reality.

As far as Texas fans being happy, I think it's a given. Watching 59-0 against 'Bama, not being able to move the ball on Auburn, getting steamrolled by LSU backs, playing directional schools all are reality now. The difference in Texas, if you listen to the recruits like Cuffee, is that they all grew up watching Texas dominate and know it can be done again. They've never seen that from A&M, the selling point in College Station is that you get to play in the SEC and we have some nice gadgets. That's over now, kids are back to going where they feel like they have the best shot at winning.  

My Dad used to say the person that screams the loudest is generally the one with the most doubts about his arguments - chill dude you or me will be right and whichever that one is will be able to pound their chest the loudest after the "FACTS" are determined over the next 10 years or so.  You want the future to be proven in your argument here and it ain't my friend.

I will again repeat my last sentence:

As far as A&M's place in the pecking order and the value of the SEC logo - again only time will tell - My opinion for what it is worth - A&M is well placed for the future of its athletic department.

Let the chips fall where they may.

\

34 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

My Dad used to say the person that screams the loudest is generally the one with the most doubts about his arguments - chill dude you or me will be right and whichever that one is will be able to pound their chest the loudest after the "FACTS" are determined over the next 10 years or so.  You want the future to be proven in your argument here and it ain't my friend.

I will again repeat my last sentence:

Let the chips fall where they may.

\

I still can't believe Texas A&M left over the "LHN". 

After all the messages left to all cable providers demanding NO LHN. 

For every message left for LHN,  Aggies leave 1000 messages against it. 

Saw em off

What happens in Austin, changes the world!

3 hours ago, OldTimer said:

Interesting how you state that "Kevin Sumlin made A&M a viable option for players that normally wouldn't consider College Station" like before him that A&M was a recruiting wasteland.

It is also interesting that A&M in the 10 years BEFORE Sumlin stepped on campus had 2 top 10 classes, 2 top 15 classes and 6 top 25 classes according to Rivals - and those classes occured while Texas was at its most recent peak with 2 NC games on its resume - Texas was top 5 most of those years - so it looks to me like they were not being shutout before Sumlin arrived - and very likely will not be shutout when he leaves.

And this year it is no surprise that A&M could not get a highly rated QB to commit with the questions swirling around  the A&M program - Big 12 was the logical choice.  And the choice of the term tucked tail and ran from the Great Texas oppression is - well quite frankly - the Texas rationale they use for A&M who took a better option for them.  

Talk to me in a year or two when the Big 12 implodes and Texas is looking for another conference.  Texas has always liked being the big fish is a small pond and thinking that A&M would not jump ship without them and the fact that Texas and  their fans have never understood why A&M would "act without them" - lol.  Regardless of what happens A&M and the vast majority of its fans are very happy in the SEC and Texas and it s fans just better get used to it.

How many Longhorns posters on this board cry about not renewing the rivalry?

1 hour ago, bulldogbacker said:

I still can't believe Texas A&M left over the "LHN". 

After all the messages left to all cable providers demanding NO LHN. 

For every message left for LHN,  Aggies leave 1000 messages against it. 

Saw em off

What happens in Austin, changes the world!

Lost me dude - I never mentioned the LHN?

And I do not think that the LHN was the main reason - Just think it was the straw that broke the camels back. 

57 minutes ago, bulldogbacker said:

How many Longhorns posters on this board cry about not renewing the rivalry?

You for or against the game?

I have stated that I wished the annual game would be re-instated but never think that A&M needs to our should agree to the game unless it is on completely equal terms - otherwise I if I had to make the decision would never agree to it.  

But really - if they decided it on the field we would lose all this fist pumping for our team and stating we can beat the world - as long as nobody can prove us right or wrong - Texas fans think that A&M would never beat the Texas giant and A&M fans think that A&M would pound those burnt orange calves - until they play on the field both groups of people are always right since they cannot be proven wrong - gotta love us college fans :)

25 minutes ago, OldTimer said:

Lost me dude - I never mentioned the LHN?

And I do not think that the LHN was the main reason - Just think it was the straw that broke the camels back. 

Go back and check. 

This was the main reason Aggie posters cited. 

Probably been deleted or lost in server crash.