Devwah Whaley

Pepper Brooks

Funny situation.  I know for a fact before his recruitment took off like this,  Devwah was wanting to be a Longhorn from jumpstreet....that was a couple of years ago though and I believe UT was a strong football program still.  Things have changed.  Its not as strong now and I think the right decision have been made by him and his family to maximize his abilities.

45 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Texas under Mac was a destination location, Texas under Charlie is not so much.

Why is that, Charlie's recruits from Louisville are doing pretty good in the NFL.  He also seems to set the bar high as far as character and discipline.  During Mack's last couple of years it went south in my opinion.  

2 hours ago, CougarCal said:

Why is that, Charlie's recruits from Louisville are doing pretty good in the NFL.  He also seems to set the bar high as far as character and discipline.  During Mack's last couple of years it went south in my opinion.  

No doubt he has cleaned up the program as far a character and discipline, but the results on the field haven't played out in his favor.

33 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

I doubt Strong makes it through the year at Texas so Whaley definitely don't need to go there...if I'm him I stay with Arkansas or he could go play down south in Miami for the original coach that he committed to.

I think he will make it through the year , but if there isn't any improvement it will probably be his last season.

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

No doubt he has cleaned up the program as far a character and discipline, but the results on the field haven't played out in his favor.

What's crazy is they beat OU and TCU (without the QB).  Any choice this young man makes, I wish him luck, health, a great education, and to have some fun playing college football.