Central vs. Ozen

27 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

And again, that bet was made after the DC approved the 7 footer, but before someone went crying to Uncle Rod.  i know you know how valuable a 7 footer is since it took one for the Panthers to win its title (or 6-10).  

GUARD play won state for us in 2001. Perk was a sophomore and a KEY component, but you just don't win state just because you have size...Back to the regularly scheduled programming...

Interesting matchup here...  Last game they played, Ozen had no answer for 6'6" Atwood and Central won.  Now, Ozen has the 6'7" kid playing a lot better.  Central has some good shooters, but Ozen's Boyd or Comeaux could go off for a big night.  I guess the only question is if 6'5" Pearson can get going because Ozen will have heck checking both Atwood and Pearson while they're both on the floor.... Hard to make a prediction but I'll do it like this..  

Central by 1.  

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Interesting matchup here...  Last game they played, Ozen had no answer for 6'6" Atwood and Central won.  Now, Ozen has the 6'7" kid playing a lot better.  Central has some good shooters, but Ozen's Boyd or Comeaux could go off for a big night.  I guess the only question is if 6'5" Pearson can get going because Ozen will have heck checking both Atwood and Pearson while they're both on the floor.... Hard to make a prediction but I'll do it like this..  

Central by 1.  

IMO an accurate assessment,however in an injury-free game I'll take Ozen by at least 1....If one team gets hot, it could be a double digit win.

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Central by 1.  

So Ozen covers -4?

2 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Anyone that know basketball can clearly look at both teams and see that Ozen is the superior team in every phase of the game....not sure why this is hard for some to see I can only imagine its just hate.

...just like the first time they played this season when you predicted an Ozen win?

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...just like the first time they played this season when you predicted an Ozen win?

That was before I knew they were missing a starter...lets see what you guys do against a Ozen at full strength BTW soulja Ozen still missed tons of layups that game and still had a chance to win at the end. 

15 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

That was before I knew they were missing a starter...lets see what you guys do against a Ozen at full strength BTW soulja Ozen still missed tons of layups that game and still had a chance to win at the end. 

It's funny.    Those many missed layups seemed to be a nuisance vs. Nederland as well and it almost cost them...  Maybe missed layups are the norm for this year's team?  

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

But lucky for you, OF I won't go too hard on you this time because I too am on the fence on this one...  Central also has some issues to address, such as rotations and shot selections of one of the shooters....

Souljah, what do think the Jags should do to differ their rotation?

42 minutes ago, ozensfinest said:

Anyone that know basketball can clearly look at both teams and see that Ozen is the superior team in every phase of the game....not sure why this is hard for some to see I can only imagine its just hate.

If they are superior in every phase of the game, then this ought to be a walk for Ozen, right?