6A Re-alignment Projection

I think Aldine and Cypress districts will be switched. Cypress is just more region III than II. As for the rest does the other Young Men's in Fort Worth have football or will it be basketball only because a 6 team district in DFW 6A does not make sense? And has the decision on San Angelo been decided yet? San Angelo wants in that district, but Amarillo basically said no; San Angelo needs to go towards Austin and San Antonio because of the non-football Tuesday night sports. If they are placed Tascosa may petition down again and will be interesting how UIL rules on that one. It is better than the 10 team a few years ago, but 2 hours to your closest game is not good for academics.

1 minute ago, GCMinTheFuture said:

Channelview will also struggle with out Hurts at Qb.  I work with a bunch of Channelview guys and they dont seem to think they will have much coming up in the future.

It's not going to be easy no matter who we play, but not having North Shore would sure help mentally.

I am a realist.  I know we will not win a State Title coming out of Baytown. Can we have winning seasons yes. Can we send kids to college yes.  Do we have the talent to keep games close and pull off upsets here and there. yes.

I just want these kids to play hard and have a staff on the sideline that looks like they want to be there. Team and promote these boys.  

Man, if this were the case you might as well give La Porte two district titles and North Shore two free trips to the third round. I think Price probably gets King to the playoffs twice in this scenario too. 

I know North Shore used to play in the Pasadena district often but I really don't see a reason you would move them. Channelview and King are probably only 5 or 6 miles from North Shore. 

1 hour ago, John Blutarsky said:

Definitely, the only thing better would be GCM and Sterling forming a 7 team district with the 5 Pasadena schools. But I prefer the Old Coaches projection, I have family in La Porte with a son my boys age and I'm a Channelview grad.

This is kinda what i was hoping to happen.

13 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Most of the Pasadena schools are up in the high 3000's in population I believe. Of course that hasn't helped them in football.

From 2400 to close to 4000, it would help if they had more kids come out for football (I didn't say futbol) ;)