Bulldogs to take best shot at Beaumont boys

1 hour ago, spoonbill said:

That rag should change it's name to the mid-county news. You shoulda seen their football "Super Team". Basically the starting lineups of Nederland and Port Neches with a few Titans sprinkled in.

11 Bulldogs, 11 Indians and 7 Titans if my memory serves me correct. The teams with 11 players went 8-4 while PAM went 3-7. In fact, this is the first year we took the Beaumont and Orange area out so that we could include more players from our immediate readership. 

Thanks for the support

46 minutes ago, Gabe said:

11 Bulldogs, 11 Indians and 7 Titans if my memory serves me correct. The teams with 11 players went 8-4 while PAM went 3-7. In fact, this is the first year we took the Beaumont and Orange area out so that we could include more players from our immediate readership. 

Thanks for the support

Pretty silly to select a "Super team" for such a small area anyway imho. I guess the Vidorian and the Lumberton Ledger should start publishing their "Super Teams" lol. Kinda pointless, filler. No biggie.

Well Orange does its team and Beaumont does its. We decided to do ours with the teams we cover. It actually makes more sense. Can't please everyone. 

But here is a question. You started out saying we don't cover PAM and we didn't have many Titans on the Super Team. Now you would rather we put players from Beaumont and Orange area which would then mean LESS Titans players on the team. Which is it?

30 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Well Orange does its team and Beaumont does its. We decided to do ours with the teams we cover. It actually makes more sense. Can't please everyone. 

But here is a question. You started out saying we don't cover PAM and we didn't have many Titans on the Super Team. Now you would rather we put players from Beaumont and Orange area which would then mean LESS Titans players on the team. Which is it?

The Beaumont one covers the entire area...up to Jasper, over to East Chambers. It is actually more of an accomplishment than making all district. The others are just silly. That's just my opinion. Don't take it so personal. You obviously work in a "public" type field. It seems like you would be a little used to criticism and critiques, but maybe you're having a bad day. I hope it gets better. Chin up. :-)

57 minutes ago, spoonbill said:

The Beaumont one covers the entire area...up to Jasper, over to East Chambers. It is actually more of an accomplishment than making all district. The others are just silly. That's just my opinion. Don't take it so personal. You obviously work in a "public" type field. It seems like you would be a little used to criticism and critiques, but maybe you're having a bad day. I hope it gets better. Chin up. :-)

I'm in a fantastic mood, always am. I was just responding to your post and having a conversation. You stated something and I was telling you how it worked this year.

Yes Beaumont covers a bigger area. We do not thus the idea of having our Super Team be from our three high schools.