Fake Holiday!

smitty

I don't celebrate Kwanzaa; I don't mind those who do.  Now that I think about it I don't know anyone who is really into the holiday.  I do find it amusing though that certain people, like Ann Coulter, and others take time out to bash Kwanzaa.  It is the irony that gets me.  Kwanzaa, christmas, easter, sunday worship they are all in the same boat.  Dare i say it?  Yes: they are all fake.  Before I get into a little detail let me say that I get a good vibe at x xmas time, also at easter, even a little on sunday, although I go to church on the 7th day, the day most people call saturday.  

No where in the bible does the Lord tell his people to celebrate christmas.  Nor does He say to worship easter.  Nowhere does it say that december 25th is his birthday.  It also does not say that sunday is the sabbath, nor is it a day of worship. Christmas was being celebrated by pagans before Jesus was born.  Same with Easter.  Same with sunday.   The people who were responsible for bringing these pagan holidays into the christian church were much more thuggish than Ron Koranga ever was.  History bears this out.  They spilled lots of innocent blood, to the tune of 50 million or so people slaughtered, and that is a very conservative estimate.  

I roll with the holidays, i don't bash what others believe.  I just find it odd that they pick on kwanzaa when their beliefs are in the same category, namely fake.  Peace.

Interesting and informative post Kzer. To me, more like a (Gibbs) slap on the back of the head to remind us. I got the impression that Ann was bashing the FBI more than Kwanzaa, but honestly, I couldn't read the whole thing.  Like many things the media gets focused on, if Kwanzaa is all we have to worry about, we're in good shape.  

Like you I think, don't want to argue about this, but I've always wondered why us Christians call Sunday the Sabbath?  Since we're an extension of The Jews, and theirs is on Sat, how did ours get to Sun (for most denominations).  Even most calendars start with Sunday and the seventh day is Saturday.  

Imo it's not a "game changer" whichever day you worship God as long as you do.  Just curious, so maybe someone can explain it. I may be old, but I still like to learn a few things (of course I know most everything else lol).