Bowl Matchups

PhatMack19

Pumping Rivals sunshine now, are we?  Do you even 24/7 composite bro?

Rivals just updated.  247 hasn't yet.  I'll let you know when that happens.

Why did their ranking get bumped. 

HS season is pretty much over and players are reevaluated.  They will change again after the summer camp circuit.

wrong topic

He's right.  We shouldn't clutter this thread up with recruiting.  But, my point was, quit with the Rivals schmegma.  24/7 Composite...it's an average of the other sites as well, so we get to see the entire picture rather than just whatever you're agenda requires.  Oh, and Saggy, good for you that 24/7 has aggy at 14.  My eyes must deceive me:

This is the hidden content, please

This is the hidden content, please

Attempted justification is just that. Attempted. Texas A&M did not want to risk losing to Tech. It would, as pointed out previously, ruined the notion of We Run this State. Yes, you have played two big 12 teams in bowl games, but this game makes too much sense for everyone. LSU may have wanted the game, but there would have been better TV ratings and money for both conference if it was Tech A&M. The idea that Louisville is better than Tech is an even father reach. A&M has not faced an offense as good as Tech's since leaving the Big 12. That would have caused problems. Granted they would not have faced a defense as bad since either. If Louisville and Tech played on a neutral field it would have been about 3 TD win for Tech. Finally the idea of not going to Vanderbilt for 10 years is the worst attempted justification because recruiting is not going to regularly occur for A&M that far away. It should stay within Texas and LSU, unless players start choosing other schools. Also ruining the notion of We Run this State. The fans wanted this. The bowl organizers wanted this. Texas in general wanted this, probably worst than a Texas A&M game last year, because that would have been a blowout for A&M. This would be a fun exciting game, but A&M does not want to face a Big 12 Texas team. That is a fact. The justification can be made, but it is attempted justification, not the truth. A&M had a chance to prove that they do run this state but they will not take the risk.

Edited by RaiderRed30

Again - LSU = better team than A&M LSU = better record than A&M LSU = deserves better bowl game than A&M - those are the facts.

The fact that the SEC decided to send LSU to a better bowl game and people think that A&M for some undetermined, unreasonable and unfounded reason should be given preference over LSU because "Tech and the State of Texas" wanted it - that is almost laughable.

SEC chooses and sends teams to the bowl games they decide - did the SEC do A&M any favors over the last 2 years - no they did not.

Edited by OldTimer

That's not even close to being a correct statement.  

Yes it is. The Payout for the Texas Bowl is 50,000 more than the Music City Bowl, so A&M would have made more money and if it was Tech A&M, ESPN would talk this game up more than the current bowl situation. More people, especially in Texas, would watch this game. The TV ratings would have been extraordinary for a non-top 6 bowl game.

Dream matchup for Tech, not for A&M.  I don't get excited about TT.  Rather play somebody else.  Plus we beat you people the last 3 times we played.  Now, go get your Swiss cheese defense ready for Mr. Fournette. 

Dream matchup for the fans. A&M doesn't want to take the risk. Has nothing to do with the past. The last 2 wins came during the dark period when 90% Tech people were anti-Tech. You may not want to play Tech, but if you want to say We Run This State you have actually beat some good teams from this state. Until then it is more correct to say We Say We Run This State but Will Not Attempt to Prove It.

Finally LSU should be an easier game than A&M.

"Yes it is. The Payout for the Texas Bowl is 50,000 more than the Music City Bowl, so A&M would have made more money and if it was Tech A&M"

Either your math is just bad or you are showing your Tech education - as the Music City bowl pays 2.75 Million and the Texas Bowl pays 3.00 Million thas equals $250,000.00 not $50,000.00.

Yes A&M would have made more money but so would LSU - why would the better team give up an additional $250,000.00?  Finally the statement that LSU would be an easier game then A&M is not founded with any rational facts to back it up - LSU is the better team. 

And remember I root for both teams so I would have loved to see a Tech - A&M match-up - just think it is funny that anyone thinks that A&M ducked Tech for any reason when LSU deserves the better bowl game.

Edited by OldTimer