SATCH JV drops out of BISD/YMBL

Truth be told, I wouldn't have a problem with putting a tournament together at random.  Let each team's coach dig in a bucket, pull a number and just play where your number is on the sheet.  I know this isn't how this goes, but I wouldn't be opposed to doing it like that...    

A 2-1 Consolation championship (=) a 2-1 2nd place finish, IMO.

Soulja why doesnt Central play in the Gamble,oh yea because of foolishness like this . You guys sound like you have no clue with every stoke of your keyboard . Every coach wants to play a competitive tournament or game. But when you clearly have a bracket thats loaded it gets ridiculous. It doesnt take a blind man to see that. Its clear as day this was done by hand not even a computer would make this bracket and if so ,like AAW said you just adjust it ao its balanced. If you think playing 3 number one seeds in anything is right then I question your common sense. 

Soulja why doesnt Central play in the Gamble,oh yea because of foolishness like this . You guys sound like you have no clue with every stoke of your keyboard . Every coach wants to play a competitive tournament or game. But when you clearly have a bracket thats loaded it gets ridiculous. It doesnt take a blind man to see that. Its clear as day this was done by hand not even a computer would make this bracket and if so ,like AAW said you just adjust it ao its balanced. If you think playing 3 number one seeds in anything is right then I question your common sense. 

When starting. Tournament, there's other important things to be worried about....  Like game plans, correct defenses, proper stretches, getting those practice free throws up, ect.  If a coach or fans of a team are racking their brains and whining about a dang bracket, then something is wrong.  Just like BG say, this same whininess happened last year with the Gamble tournament.  It's funny, though.  

But if me not understanding that baffling logic makes my common sense come into question, then so be it.  I have no common sense then.  Lol.  

Go and do your best in that meat grinder top bracket, Ozen.  I hope to be at the game actually rooting you on.

When starting. Tournament, there's other important things to be worried about....  Like game plans, correct defenses, proper stretches, getting those practice free throws up, ect.  If a coach or fans of a team are racking their brains and whining about a dang bracket, then something is wrong.  Just like BG say, this same whininess happened last year with the Gamble tournament.  It's funny, though.  

But if me not understanding that baffling logic makes my common sense come into question, then so be it.  I have no common sense then.  Lol.  

Go and do your best in that meat grinder top bracket, Ozen.  I hope to be at the game actually rooting you on.

best teams in the area dont whine & cry like toddlers, they go play whoever is in front of them and go beat whoever, case in point Silsbee vs Central this week with Silsbees lite roster. Im sure Kountze wasn't whining and crying about playing big ole WB. Same b.s. happens yearly about tournament brackets, if you dont like the bracket and/or afraid of the comp then dont play in the damn tournament, its that simple. 

best teams in the area dont whine & cry like toddlers, they go play whoever is in front of them and go beat whoever, case in point Silsbee vs Central this week with Silsbees lite roster. Im sure Kountze wasn't whining and crying about playing big ole WB. Same b.s. happens yearly about tournament brackets, if you dont like the bracket and/or afraid of the comp then dont play in the damn tournament, its that simple. 

Woot, there it is!

Buddy & Souljah- smh

Personally, I prefer my team draw the toughest possible bracket/pool in tournaments that ultimately mean little to nothing.  I have even asked for that. At this stage in the game, it's about getting better and playing a JV team does nothing to accomplish that. So load me up with the toughest teams you got, if I have a competitive team which both the Panthers and the Jags do.  But that's just me.  Trophies in these type of tournaments aren't a big deal to me.  I realize that to some others (including kids), they are.  

So why doesn't Central play in the Gamble anymore., werent they mad about being cheated in some games and how the tournament was set up. 

There were some complaints in howt he games were called, but ultimately, the reason why is because of the risk of playing the same teams several times... West Brook, Memorial, and especially Ozen frequents that tournament.  We already play in the YMBL tournament...  We dropped the Gamble to play other teams.  I think it's a great idea....

Edited by BMTSoulja1

If I'm a tournament director, no way am I putting Duke, Kentucky, Baylor, Oklahoma & UCLA  on the same side

and have Denver, San Jose State, Central Ark, Grambling & Syracuse on the other side. Now, some tourneys have a Super Pool. All the top teams play each other but still move on to regular bracket play

Personally, I prefer my team draw the toughest possible bracket/pool in tournaments that ultimately mean little to nothing.  I have even asked for that. At this stage in the game, it's about getting better and playing a JV team does nothing to accomplish that. So load me up with the toughest teams you got, if I have a competitive team which both the Panthers and the Jags do.  But that's just me.  Trophies in these type of tournaments aren't a big deal to me.  I realize that to some others (including kids), they are.  

I'm glad that you share my sentiments....  Thank you...

I don't differentiate between early season tournaments and non-district games.  You try and get your team as good as they can be going into the "meat" of the season.  I am of the camp that the best way to get better is by playing the best competition you can find.  There's a reason Sigler at Silsbee and Davis at HJ (for example) put together schedules like they do.  Even if Silsbee had lost by 10 or so to Central the other night (as most expected), does that game get them better more than a 83 point beatdown against PNG?  I think that's an easy answer.  Ozen will be better for having played PV than if they had played SATCH JV.  And maybe as important, win or lose today, they probably are going to get in better work than the Jags will running through Sharpstown like a knife through butter.  

You guys need to visit the cool side of the pillow more often ;)

I don't differentiate between early season tournaments and non-district games.  You try and get your team as good as they can be going into the "meat" of the season.  I am of the camp that the best way to get better is by playing the best competition you can find.  There's a reason Sigler at Silsbee and Davis at HJ (for example) put together schedules like they do.  Even if Silsbee had lost by 10 or so to Central the other night (as most expected), does that game get them better more than a 83 point beatdown against PNG?  I think that's an easy answer.  Ozen will be better for having played PV than if they had played SATCH JV.  And maybe as important, win or lose today, they probably are going to get in better work than the Jags will running through Sharpstown like a knife through butter.  

You guys need to visit the cool side of the pillow more often ;)

Exactly...  

I think I will file an appeal for football playoffs top seeds to play each other in 1st round. 

nope, if my school is 4th i want to knock the 1seed off, gonna eventually play a 1seed anyway down the line, it'll give confidence and build that mental toughness. 

Truth be told, I wouldn't have a problem with putting a tournament together at random.  Let each team's coach dig in a bucket, pull a number and just play where your number is on the sheet.  I know this isn't how this goes, but I wouldn't be opposed to doing it like that...    

A 2-1 Consolation championship (=) a 2-1 2nd place finish, IMO.

Consolation is a loser's bracket, no matter how you try and spin it. Its to console the losers because you paid to play a certain number of games.

LOL!! Those of us who mentioned the Gamble brackets were alluding to how the HOST TEAM paved their path to the championship game. No one was whining about playing . Yall got upset because we exposed yall. Nothing more nothing less. And for the record, most host teams "fix" their brackets.