HJ Freshmen class

no-look

Personally, I cant remember a freshmen group ( note the word group as opposed to individuals) that looks as good and cohesive as this one does.  There are 8 players who are all of starter quality ( not to mention the guard playing varsity and the post playing JV).  Plenty of speed, good basketball intellect and an obvious absence of "look how good I am" or " look at what a bad a$$ I am" attitude.  If the team stays in tact through the season, I would guess they are capable of winning over 90% of the games they play.

I would agree with Nash's assessment.  And although the Carpenter kid (I hear he's 6'5 or 6'6 now) hasn't played with the group before this year, he will fit in well with almost any group.  Very coachable and just a great kid.  Also has a very nice touch from mid range.  And judging by his parents, he probably isn't close to finishing growing.  

Will the HJ Freshman team play Central this year? That would be the best freshman match up in the area. Fun game to watch. I would include Silsbee but I havent seen them play. I assume that will be a good one also

Silsbee usually plays so many up on JV, with one or two on varsity that their freshman team is depleted.  Last year their best 5 or 6 players were not playing 9th grade.  As mentioned, HJ has a couple or so playing up as well.  Will be interesting to see how Silsbee will compete with them.  Not sure how many, if any, will play JV.  Obviously they have the 2 on varsity.  As Nash mentioned, HJ's group is deep, quality depth.  Arguably both schools' best HS class  is the freshmen.  Lots to look forward to for area hoops fans.