Angleton 48 Port Neches-Groves 30/Final

WOSgrad

I have to say, this was a layup for almost all the Indians in the prediction thread. The 90% margin in the poll kind of concerned me after Dayton racked up a ton of yards last week.  I guess this ends any comparisons between the Vidor and Angleton offenses. Good season PNG. You guys are close to breaking through but need to shore up the defense and physicality to take that next step.

Well, same story for PNG. Four playoff games in three years and PNG has given given up at least 41 in each game. Wasn't anything pretty for Angleton, they just did what they do. Toss left, toss right and hand off up the middle. 

Completely different looking teams on the field physically. 

We struggle against physical teams as you just seen.. It is what it is... Congrats on getting out of the first round... Definitely a step in the right direction. I felt it might go this way. Angleton really didn't do much but sweep strong side all night. We just struggle to tackle and be physical. Congrats on a 9 win season. Looking forward to next year and RJ... Thanks to all the seniors for being true Indians... 

Well, just left the game. That was a tough one for the Indians. Angleton was very physical and blew the Indians off of the ball. I'm scratching my head on PNG abandoning the run so early. They gave PNG the middle of the field on runs. Out of the 7 or 8 runs in the first half, most were good yardage. Not a fan of rolling your QB opp side of his throwing arm. That hurt PNG on backside pressure a couple of times. There were no adjustments by PNG defense. Wildcats ran toss right, left, trap up the middle on almost 90% of their plays. The fake rollout into the flat killed PNG defense because they didn't stay home and cover their area. All in all PNG fought hard, but Angleton was the better team. Good luck to the rest of the teams left.