Hypocritical Thoughts (Again)

BLUEDOVE3

Read a book where an old Country Sheriff on the border started having trouble with drug trafficking.  He was thinking, "If I was the devil and wanted to bring down civilization, I couldn't think of anything better than drugs to do it".  I agree with the Sheriff.  Answers?   I don't think Anyone has it.  

Read a book where an old Country Sheriff on the border started having trouble with drug trafficking.  He was thinking, "If I was the devil and wanted to bring down civilization, I couldn't think of anything better than drugs to do it".  I agree with the Sheriff.  Answers?   I don't think Anyone has it.  

So true.  Even some of the biggest sunshine pumpers are now admitting the "war on drugs" has been anywhere from ineffective to a colossal failure. As you point out though, that's the easy part.  The statistics don't lie.  The hard part is the answers.  Those are fewer and farther in between.  

One at least interesting approach was taken by Portugal over two decades ago.  Pretty sure it would never make it through over here, unless people were willing to do some serious soul searching with a heavy dose of honesty and humility. 

This is the hidden content, please

So true.  Even some of the biggest sunshine pumpers are now admitting the "war on drugs" has been anywhere from ineffective to a colossal failure. As you point out though, that's the easy part.  The statistics don't lie.  The hard part is the answers.  Those are fewer and farther in between.  

One at least interesting approach was taken by Portugal over two decades ago.  Pretty sure it would never make it through over here, unless people were willing to do some serious soul searching with a heavy dose of honesty and humility. 

This is the hidden content, please

I have to admit, my attitude has radically changed.  If people want it, they're going to get it.  Prohibition didn't work, and I'm convinced the war on drugs won't.  

Interesting approach in Portugal.  Doesn't sound all that radical, and I'm surprised it seems to be working that well.  If we could anticipate that kind of results, make it happen.   Pending a miracle pill that makes everyone happy, happy, happy, doesn't impede mental & physical performance and is cheap enough to give to all who want/need it, let's try something.  

Securing the border would be a great help in drug trafficking!

Securing the border would help on the drugs, although now I suspect that drones will become the new "drug mules".  Regardless of its affect on drugs, we still need a blankety blank blank secure border.