Colmesneil 26 Hull-Daisetta 12/Final

WOSgrad

At what point do we say our offensive system is due for a change? We are averaging 6 points a game vs teams that are giving up tons of points. Colmesneil defense was giving up over 50 points a game. Would love to see HD go back to the slot-t with this personnel. Our kids know the slot-t already from the Finney days and last season. It would run the clock and keep the games closer... Upcoming schedule is twice as tough...  And enough with running bootleg and wildcat, gotta set them up for success. Several times a game, HD has WR's open, if they only allowed QB to do a 3 step drop from pocket, he has the arm and smarts. Bootleg is not developing fast enough, you see faster crisper bootlegs ran on Freshmen teams... I have seen the line give the QB plenty of time for a 3 step drop. Can't hold ball for 5 seconds. Brandon Maughan would be a bull from the FB position in the slot-t. Dalton Robinett on a counter! Shawn Taylor and Dylan Varnon could prosper in the slot-t, two good athletes. Right now HD has no identity on offense and no chemistry. Season only getting tougher... Keep fighting young Bobcats, yall Freshman and Sophomores will reep the benefits later.

At what point do we say our offensive system is due for a change? We are averaging 6 points a game vs teams that are giving up tons of points. Colmesneil defense was giving up over 50 points a game. Would love to see HD go back to the slot-t with this personnel. Our kids know the slot-t already from the Finney days and last season. It would run the clock and keep the games closer... Upcoming schedule is twice as tough...  And enough with running bootleg and wildcat, gotta set them up for success. Several times a game, HD has WR's open, if they only allowed QB to do a 3 step drop from pocket, he has the arm and smarts. Bootleg is not developing fast enough, you see faster crisper bootlegs ran on Freshmen teams... I have seen the line give the QB plenty of time for a 3 step drop. Can't hold ball for 5 seconds. Brandon Maughan would be a bull from the FB position in the slot-t. Dalton Robinett on a counter! Shawn Taylor and Dylan Varnon could prosper in the slot-t, two good athletes. Right now HD has no identity on offense and no chemistry. Season only getting tougher... Keep fighting young Bobcats, yall Freshman and Sophomores will reep the benefits later.

some years you have to work with what you have. Colmesneil does every year. Sorry the young man injured and makes a speedy recovery

The Offense has been very stagnant. Even though HD is way down this year, there where four games on this years schedule that HD should have won or at least been very competitive and close games. I understand it's hard for a coaching staff to swallow their pride and say this ain't working. Offensive  game plan is very predictable and the opposing Defense only has to key on one player.  Saw the same thing again this week, formation look different but still had the lone back taking the handoff to the right side.  You are correct about the bootleg. The line can't hold that long and Fregia is taking to many big blind hits. This young man is as tough as they come, but bigger and better teams are ahead. You have to have more than two plays, with this group of guys your Offense has to be a little more deceiving and the Slot T would  help accomplish that. Now do I think the  Slot T is the best Offense, not by long shot. However it may be the best for this group. 

The Offense has been very stagnant. Even though HD is way down this year, there where four games on this years schedule that HD should have won or at least been very competitive and close games. I understand it's hard for a coaching staff to swallow their pride and say this ain't working. Offensive  game plan is very predictable and the opposing Defense only has to key on one player.  Saw the same thing again this week, formation look different but still had the lone back taking the handoff to the right side.  You are correct about the bootleg. The line can't hold that long and Fregia is taking to many big blind hits. This young man is as tough as they come, but bigger and better teams are ahead. You have to have more than two plays, with this group of guys your Offense has to be a little more deceiving and the Slot T would  help accomplish that. Now do I think the  Slot T is the best Offense, not by long shot. However it may be the best for this group. 

Even the Texas Longhorns have had two swallow their pride and make changes on the offensive side... Coach Strong said "you have to do what's best for the program and the school, you either accept the problem or you divorce yourself from it, or you just let it go... 

Last year HD had the personnel to run the pistol spread with Huck, Sedric and Martin, if they had wanted to. This season we do not have the personnel at all. The slot-t made all the sense in the world this season, or even the "I" or pro set. You need those play makers with speed in the spread. WH and Groveton beat CN by 6 TD's... Lovelady beat CN by 55 points. WOW! WH was beating CN 48-6 in 4th quarter... SMH... We scored 6 points on offense... Last I checked, the slot-t was designed just for teams like HD this season... I'm praying for a change, not just to compete, but to protect the health of our kids vs a tough District... 

Edited by H-D BOBCAT 55

Last year HD had the personnel to run the pistol spread with Huck, Sedric and Martin, if they had wanted to. This season we do not have the personnel at all. The slot-t made all the sense in the world this season, or even the "I" or pro set. You need those play makers with speed in the spread. WH and Groveton beat CN by 6 TD's... Lovelady beat CN by 55 points. WOW! WH was beating CN 48-6 in 4th quarter... SMH... We scored 6 points on offense... Last I checked, the slot-t was designed just for teams like HD this season... I'm praying for a change, not just to compete, but to protect the health of our kids vs a tough District... 

How bout you go apply for the coaching job, since you have all the answers.  I know some people on HD school board maybe they can get you and gator hired.  Maybe y'all can get some more horses in the stable. 

How bout you go apply for the coaching job, since you have all the answers.  I know some people on HD school board maybe they can get you and gator hired.  Maybe y'all can get some more horses in the stable. 

I don't think they are wanting to be the coach but when your offense can't move the ball something needs to be changed.Anyone that has watched any games this year can tell you what they are doing is not working so go with something that you have the talent to run. The slot-t,power-i or something along those lines.H-D has a very young team play to their talents and you just may win a few more games.

Your offense also scored 30 on SP..where West Hardin only scored 14 on them.  You can't compare how other teams do..  It's not the offense.  HD graduated some so called good kids off of a team that didn't make the playoffs..  If you guys were bad with those kids...it's no surprise how things are going without them.

Your offense also scored 30 on SP..where West Hardin only scored 14 on them.  You can't compare how other teams do..  It's not the offense.  HD graduated some so called good kids off of a team that didn't make the playoffs..  If you guys were bad with those kids...it's no surprise how things are going without them.

lol, the offense is averging 6 points, the defense scored 3 TD's vs SP, we got lucky on an offensive fumble returned for a score...... I already stated this... We are alumni, fans and parents of the players, we just want our kids set up for success... If you were at the games, you would agree, our only issue is setting our kids up for success... Playing to our strengths.. I know our Coaches are good people, only question now is what Coach Strong said "you have to do what's best for the program and school,you either accept the problem or divorce yourself from it, or just let it go". By the way WH only scored 14 because the game was called due to lightning. ;)  

Edited by H-D BOBCAT 55

I don't think they are wanting to be the coach but when your offense can't move the ball something needs to be changed.Anyone that has watched any games this year can tell you what they are doing is not working so go with something that you have the talent to run. The slot-t,power-i or something along those lines.H-D has a very young team play to their talents and you just may win a few more games.

That's right Dawg, we have always supported our Coaches, still do. Just voicing our opinion, they do the Coaching, we do the faning. It is our job as the citizens of HD to assure our kids and program are protected. We will still be here in 10 years... When communities and citizens stop holding the people that we hire accountable, the culture and foundation crumbles...  Funny thing is,they want us to remain silent and just stand by... It is our job to be the keeper of the gate, if I mess up at my job, I get told about it, that's life... Only thing is, this is bigger than that, this involves our most precious items, our babies...

"If you guys were bad with those kids"... Those kids killed Burkeville, SP and CN by like 50! lol

Fair enough..I can respect that.  I'm sure that the coaches are having these same conversations in the field house every Saturday.  Either that or looking for jobs for next year..  Either way I doubt it is their intention to make this season any worse than it seems to be already.  Hang in there.  I've given you guys a lot of grief the last few seasons but I don't want any of your kids to get injured or anything..  I do understand your concern.