Kirbyville 44 Kountze 14/Final

WOSgrad

The Kirbyville Wildcats begin their quest for the District 12-3A-I title as they travel to Hardin County to take on the Kountze Lions.  Greg Neece's Wildcats enter district play with a 2-1 season mark after being off last Friday.  In their last action, the Wildcats shut out Deweyville, 60-0 two weeks ago.  Meanwhile, Duane Joubert's Lions are still in search of their first victory of 2015 after falling to 0-3 last Friday with a 28-20 loss to Newton.  Kirbyville took the victory last year, 56-14.

Join Scott Loar and Donnie Fenton for all of the action from Lion Stadium in Kountze beginning with the pregame show at 7:15 pm leading to a 7:30 pm kickoff by tuning your radio to KTXJ 102,7 FM or by clicking play on the cube player below,

Follow Kirbyville Wildcat football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

This is the hidden content, please
Edited by WOSgrad

Kountze had every oppurtunity in the first half to take control of this game, But didnt capitalize on Kvilles mistakes except one. Same in the second half . It was 19-14 with 10:00 left in the game and Kirbyville finally pulled away. Kirbyville played a hard fought game and when they smelt blood in the fourth they just started clicking. Best of Luck the rest of the way cats and Kountze just keep grinding! 

PS I dont wanna hear anything about the refs. 

It took us a little while to get going but it all started clicking finally. I have to be honest and say I don't understand going in for that last score with less than a minute to play and us up 38-14. We should have kneeled it. That's just my opinion though.

That's why you're the fan and not the coach. A statement had to be made.

That's why you're the fan and not the coach. A statement had to be made.

???? I get it they must have needed the style points needed to calculate that big national ranking...lol...whatever, no need for that! Or maybe it was the fact the Kirbyville Coaches were pissed because a Kirbyville coach got ejected from the press box roof for a terrible case of profanity...pretty classy!

Idk why our coaches chose to score over kneeling it but I didn't think it was the right call. I don't fault the kids cause when you're handed the ball and you find an opening, what are you supposed to do......fall down? Lol.. Of course not. But if you noticed, the Lions kneeled it to end the game so they were conceding the loss. Oh well, it is what it is. There's worse travesties in football I guess.