Crosby vs Humble 9/18/2015

HUM398

Let me start this off by giving my honest prediction of how this game ends-    27-19 Crosby

Humble Overview: 

We have definitely improved on offense as a whole.  Defensively we show flashes of last year, but we lack experience that is hopefully worked all out by this game.  The first two games were essentially scrimmages as far as I am concerned, because the two teams we did scrimmage did not provide a sufficient measuring stick or practice.   Those two teams were Wheatley, and Caney Creek.  Im sure that when we began scrimmaging them 4 years ago, that it was the right thing to do given how far our program had fallen do to the full effects of a school split.  However I think we have outgrown that stage.   We essentially came out for Reagan under prepared mentally to compete with that level of competition.  No offense to either Wheatley or CaneyCreek, but they are no where near the level of Humble and all they did was buy us some false confidence.

ALL that being said, I fully expect us to compete for a playoff spot this year.   We should only keep getting better as the season continues, and these kids are hungry.   We enter this game 2-1, and Im confident that had we not made so many small errors in the first game...we'd be 3-0.   However, Crosby is for the most part finely tuned...we aren't.   I expect a close contest, but i have no illusion of victory.   Id put our odds of winning at 40% and if we won, it probably be by less than 3. 

Humble Offense: 

The scheme hasn't changed, however the players to run it have.   Last year we had two QB's that reallly shouldn't have been playing the position at all,but you have to have QB's. This year we have two QB's, both capable of leading this team.   As of right now we split time between two qb's, probably about 60-40.   #2 QB Marion McIntosh (Sr)  and Freshman (yes Freshman) #1 QB Terrence Gipson.   I would love to see the Freshman get all if not most of all the snaps.  I am HIGHLY impressed with this kid.   This is not someone they through in because they lacked depth, this kid is special.  His stats won't wow you, but his play thus far has left me very impressed.   The starter  is Marion Macintosh(#2), and they both seem okay with sharing the job.   

Here is some highlights of the freshman QB Terrence Gipson: 

This is the hidden content, please

RB-  #3 Terio Brown has been somewhat quiet until this last game.  He missed half of the first game, and was pretty absent outside of a long run during the tompkins game.   He showed up in the second half of the K-Park game.  Previously it appeared he wasn't as quick in space or as fast... I was wrong.  Kid apparently can turn it on and off, im hoping he keeps it on.   We have 2 other very capable backs as well.   #29 Timothy Brown is a work horse, and I hope he see's more snaps. 

WR-  Improved over last year.  However we are on the the short side.   Reagan had some tall athletic DB's and they gave us some trouble, however Im not sure we will run into a team as tall and heavy as Reagan again this year.  

OL-  Vastly improved over last year.  Have two big towers at Tackle, a little slow but they have gotten better with each game.  #70 is 6'6 280 and #71 is 6'3ish 310.  interior is light, but they do a decent job. 

Humble's Defense: 

We have gotten better each week, and that is a good sign.  I can see the sort of play that we exhibited last year returning, and It something we will need in order to stay competitive.  Our offense is so young, and is guided by two QB's that take some risks... the ability to take a fumble to a TD or an INT to a TD is an essential skill, I believe this unit posses it.   Athletic, fast, but not very tall. 
Our pass defense needs work, busted plays happen far too often.  Against Crosby, that will kill us. 

I wont give you a breakdown per unit on Defense, simply because it is pretty close to what we had last year.  Not 100% but i think we will get there. 

Key players: #40 Vincent Rodgers DE, #57 Lawler Jones DT, #33 Isaiah Longino DE/LB , #44 Langston Tunson LB, and #9 Blake George. FS  

Incase i don't get a chance to talk for a couple games,  I wish both teams health and that everything is left on the field for both teams.  Nothing better than watching those kids lay everything out, and making their respective communties proud of their effort...regardless of the outcome.  Of Course...Go Cats!

Edited by HUM398

Let me start this off by giving my honest prediction of how this game ends-    27-19 Crosby

Humble Overview: 

We have definitely improved on offense as a whole.  Defensively we show flashes of last year, but we lack experience that is hopefully worked all out by this game.  The first two games were essentially scrimmages as far as I am concerned, because the two teams we did scrimmage did not provide a sufficient measuring stick or practice.   Those two teams were Wheatley, and Caney Creek.  Im sure that when we began scrimmaging them 4 years ago, that it was the right thing to do given how far our program had fallen do to the full effects of a school split.  However I think we have outgrown that stage.   We essentially came out for Reagan under prepared mentally to compete with that level of competition.  No offense to either Wheatley or CaneyCreek, but they are no where near the level of Humble and all they did was buy us some false confidence.

ALL that being said, I fully expect us to compete for a playoff spot this year.   We should only keep getting better as the season continues, and these kids are hungry.   We enter this game 2-1, and Im confident that had we not made so many small errors in the first game...we'd be 3-0.   However, Crosby is for the most part finely tuned...we aren't.   I expect a close contest, but i have no illusion of victory.   Id put our odds of winning at 40% and if we won, it probably be by less than 3. 

Humble Offense: 

The scheme hasn't changed, however the players to run it have.   Last year we had two QB's that reallly shouldn't have been playing the position at all,but you have to have QB's. This year we have two QB's, both capable of leading this team.   As of right now we split time between two qb's, probably about 60-40.   #2 QB Marion McIntosh (Sr)  and Freshman (yes Freshman) #1 QB Terrence Gipson.   I would love to see the Freshman get all if not most of all the snaps.  I am HIGHLY impressed with this kid.   This is not someone they through in because they lacked depth, this kid is special.  His stats won't wow you, but his play thus far has left me very impressed.   The starter  is Marion Macintosh(#2), and they both seem okay with sharing the job.   

Here is some highlights of the freshman QB Terrence Gipson: 

RB-  #3 Terio Brown has been somewhat quiet until this last game.  He missed half of the first game, and was pretty absent outside of a long run during the tompkins game.   He showed up in the second half of the K-Park game.  Previously it appeared he wasn't as quick in space or as fast... I was wrong.  Kid apparently can turn it on and off, im hoping he keeps it on.   We have 2 other very capable backs as well.   #29 Timothy Brown is a work horse, and I hope he see's more snaps. 

WR-  Improved over last year.  However we are on the the short side.   Reagan had some tall athletic DB's and they gave us some trouble, however Im not sure we will run into a team as tall and heavy as Reagan again this year.  

OL-  Vastly improved over last year.  Have two big towers at Tackle, a little slow but they have gotten better with each game.  #70 is 6'6 280 and #71 is 6'3ish 310.  interior is light, but they do a decent job. 

Humble's Defense: 

We have gotten better each week, and that is a good sign.  I can see the sort of play that we exhibited last year returning, and It something we will need in order to stay competitive.  Our offense is so young, and is guided by two QB's that take some risks... the ability to take a fumble to a TD or an INT to a TD is an essential skill, I believe this unit posses it.   Athletic, fast, but not very tall. 
Our pass defense needs work, busted plays happen far too often.  Against Crosby, that will kill us. 

I wont give you a breakdown per unit on Defense, simply because it is pretty close to what we had last year.  Not 100% but i think we will get there. 

Key players: #40 Vincent Rodgers DE, #57 Lawler Jones DT, #33 Isaiah Longino DE/LB , #44 Langston Tunson LB, and #9 Blake George. FS  

Incase i don't get a chance to talk for a couple games,  I wish both teams health and that everything is left on the field for both teams.  Nothing better than watching those kids lay everything out, and making their respective communties proud of their effort...regardless of the outcome.  Of Course...Go Cats!

Great post and thanks for the insight. I coached two of Humble's standout Srs. In peewee from last years team and they too mentioned to watch out for this years squad. Terio is a playmaker and the defense should be steady. I banked on you guys making the playoffs literally so I hope you come through, just not this week. Facing Crosby, like it does any team, only prepares you for a nice playoff run. Hope for an injury free game!!

Go Crosby!!

Just like all season long, Crosby (even playing the worst teams in district) will get everyone's best game and I love it. It makes for watch great Texas High School Football all season long. Good luck Humble and pray for no injuries for both teams.

With that being said:

42-21 Crosby takes it home.

Go Crosby!!

If this game was at Turner id pick Humble. 

I dont think Crosby loses a game at home, even versus King last game. 

Crosby 30-17 over Humble. 

Buddy, you are so full of wisdom. I was thinking the same thing except different. I don't think they lose at home or Turner. Seems the second half is when they flip the switch. With that being said: they better get the first half in before the playoffs start. 

Go Crosby!!

Humble hasn't given me any reason to believe they will win this game.  Perhaps if the game was closer to the end of the season.   I don't honestly think the venue matters to or for Humble.  

Humble has to be productive on offense, if we don't... Well it's gonna be a long night.   The defense can't be on the field all night like last year.  Humble effort last year was awesome, but not something I think is duplicatible... 

Humble hasn't given me any reason to believe they will win this game.  Perhaps if the game was closer to the end of the season.   I don't honestly think the venue matters to or for Humble.

Humble has to be productive on offense, if we don't... Well it's gonna be a long night.   The defense can't be on the field all night like last year.  Humble effort last year was awesome, but not something I think is duplicatible...

I think it could be a tense night for Crosby if they don't come out and jump on Humble early. Thank goodness the game is in Crosby, for some reason Turner just doesn't like us. Humble is one of the few teams in the district that can challenge Crosby's skill players in space. That alone gives them opportunities to make play against Crosby that other teams can't. IMO Humble was the best defense Crosby saw all of last year, I'm very interested to see how our kids look against a team with probably equal speed this year.

Humble still has trouble moving the ball consistently and Cotton is playing at a very high level so I think Crosby gets the home W. I had Humble finishing 3rd in the district this year and I think they'll play Crosby tough, maybe tougher than anybody in the district. Anything over a 14 point win for Crosby I would think is going to be considered an excellent performance.

Humble by 3.

Go crosby^!

Go dayton^!

LOL, didn't you have BH by 4 last week and Dayton by 2 tds? You were a little off, say like 53 points on those two predictions. Who's counting though? I could see why you think we would lose this one though, even though Humble is -47 against Crosby the last couple of seasons they're actually +7 against Dayton the last two years.

I was told by a crosby poster that i always pick against crosby just because i dont like them, when in fact i pick crosby to win more time than not, but since i "always" pick against them then that is what i started doing. As far as the scores i picked im pretty sure you have been wrong about who was going to score what.

Go crosby^!

Go dayton ^!

Y'all leave ol' Dayton fan alone. I'm sure he's at work on OT wondering how in the world am I gonna tell my significant other we have to mortgage the house when BH beats us cause it's all down "Hill" from there. Daytime not beating Crosby or NC so it's just about over for their playoff lives. Know defense know playoffs, NO DEFENSE NO PLAYOFFS!! Think I'll get some shirts made after this loss!!

GO CROSBY!!

Nope, no OT for me. Actually jim bob gave me and cleetus the rest of the week off so we are going to work on our deer blind in the back yard, and probably make us a big ole trash can fire and make some hamburgers over it, you are more than welcome to come if you would like, we will put gator and bigfoot in the house so they dont bark at choo.

Nope, no OT for me. Actually jim bob gave me and cleetus the rest of the week off so we are going to work on our deer blind in the back yard, and probably make us a big ole trash can fire and make some hamburgers over it, you are more than welcome to come if you would like, we will put gator and bigfoot in the house so they dont bark at choo.

It's always nice to see a good sport in times of turmoil :)  Hill 35-Dayton 20

Go Crosby!!