sub varsity

Frosh performance is an indicator, JV not so much, so I agree with 14.2 somewhat.  But I also agree that I thought Nederland would just get out athleted based on what I have been hearing about the football factory out west.  I don't think it changes what could happen to night, which could be a long night for the Dogs.  But it is interesting I must admit.  No points or bragging rights for Frosh or JV, so plus is right on that account.

...there was good coverage in that play by Silsbee....  If only that young man would've just batted the pass down instead of going for the INT.... It was 3rd and forever.  Silsbee probably would've won....

Good coverage and good read by the safety to get over and help out. Three guys went up for the hail mary pass, both defenders went up and fell down the receiver came down with it and ran untouched to the end zone.

Frosh performance is an indicator, JV not so much, so I agree with 14.2 somewhat.  But I also agree that I thought Nederland would just get out athleted based on what I have been hearing about the football factory out west.  I don't think it changes what could happen to night, which could be a long night for the Dogs.  But it is interesting I must admit.  No points or bragging rights for Frosh or JV, so plus is right on that account.

Exactly true..... You can get a good feel for Freshman and varsity only IMO.. JV football is not a good judge... Freshman because you usually see the whole group together... Varsity because it's your best product.... JV is a tweener, not ready for varsity, or stud freshman trying to figure it out...

Good coverage and good read by the safety to get over and help out. Three guys went up for the hail mary pass, both defenders went up and fell down the receiver came down with it and ran untouched to the end zone.

The Silsbee players just needed to get a hand on the ball the bat it down....  That can be done with a swipe with 1 hand to the ball.  Both Silsbee defenders went forbthr interception.  Even if they would've gotten the interception, it would've been horrible field position....

Edited by BMTSoulja1

Not gonna go back and forth on this one.  Information that I speak on this topic is the truth.  The end....

Yea, THAT kid's parents.  Lol

I heard about the 4 or 5 fans cheering for just the two players last night and being very critical of the other players and coaches. Lot's of Silsbee fans were very embarrassed. Heard the law had to come up in the stands and calm things down.

What a shame.

Again, I will go with the coaches thinking on who should be on varsity. IMO, a freshman should only be on varsity if he would be a starter or at least get in on 60% of the plays. Otherwise it's a waste of time to have a freshmen sit the bench on varsity.

Based on what I saw in the two scrimmages and what others have said, #22 is not ready to be a starter or key reserve for varsity team, yet.

I heard about the 4 or 5 fans cheering for just the two players last night and being very critical of the other players and coaches. Lot's of Silsbee fans were very embarrassed. Heard the law had to come up in the stands and calm things down.

What a shame.

Again, I will go with the coaches thinking on who should be on varsity. IMO, a freshman should only be on varsity if he would be a starter or at least get in on 60% of the plays. Otherwise it's a waste of time to have a freshmen sit the bench on varsity.

Based on what I saw in the two scrimmages and what others have said, #22 is not ready to be a starter or key reserve for varsity team, yet.

What you heard about the fans were true....  Things were said and other team parents were offended and the HC sent the trooper up.  I was sitting close to that group of people and know who it was, but it wasn't I.  For the most part, Cheering for the team/and/or players isn't wrong....  The problem happened when 1 individual told the star player to 'forget the team and do YOU'.  Think this stemmed from the lack of blocking on some plays.  

As far as the coaches think, you may have been told one thing...  But #22's parents were definitely told something different.  Things changed when certain seniors that at first wasn't going to play decided that they'll play their Sr year, pushing the potential underclassmen players far down the depth chart.  So instead of seeing their kid sit the. Bench, he would play on Freshman team....  And parents were told that they don't let fish play on JV.  Don't understand that, but whatever.  #22's fans and fans of Silsbee 9th grade ball will continue to show support.....

By the way, maybe that officer or the coach that sent that officer up should know who made that comment instead of hemming up the entire support section.  

What you heard about the fans were true....  Things were said and other team parents were offended and the HC sent the trooper up.  I was sitting close to that group of people and know who it was, but it wasn't I.  For the most part, Cheering for the team/and/or players isn't wrong....  The problem happened when 1 individual told the star player to 'forget the team and do YOU'.  Think this stemmed from the lack of blocking on some plays.  

As far as the coaches think, you may have been told one thing...  But #22's parents were definitely told something different.  Things changed when certain seniors that at first wasn't going to play decided that they'll play their Sr year, pushing the potential underclassmen players far down the depth chart.  So instead of seeing their kid sit the. Bench, he would play on Freshman team....  And parents were told that they don't let fish play on JV.  Don't understand that, but whatever.  #22's fans and fans of Silsbee 9th grade ball will continue to show support.....

By the way, maybe that officer or the coach that sent that officer up should know who made that comment instead of hemming up the entire support section.  

I know exactly who it was (uncle of star player, E. F.) I know it wasn't you.

Not sure what seniors came out that had not played. The basketball players that came out are juniors and soph.

#22 is very good and will make his mark in due time. I have been a Tiger fan all my life (51 years) and I can only come up with about 10 players who played (and I mean saw the field, not the bench) on varsity as freshmen. Those 10 player were some of the best to ever suit up for Silsbee, ever! I have seen #22 play, just think his time on varsity will come next year. Really no need to rush it.

I know exactly who it was (uncle of star player, E. F.) I know it wasn't you.

Not sure what seniors came out that had not played. The basketball players that came out are juniors and soph.

#22 is very good and will make his mark in due time. I have been a Tiger fan all my life (51 years) and I can only come up with about 10 players who played (and I mean saw the field, not the bench) on varsity as freshmen. Those 10 player were some of the best to ever suit up for Silsbee, ever! I have seen #22 play, just think his time on varsity will come next year. Really no need to rush it.

Wasn't E. F.  It was the QB's relative (don't know his name ) E.F. got upset that he was confronted.  

No rush at all.  Just telling what his parents were told.  His parents are content with him getting playing time and playing.

BTW, I'd NEVER question your Silsbee sports knowledge.