Kelly Basketball 2015/16

JMAY88

8 players in the rotation is the sweet spot for me....but the right 8 players. Seven can hurt you if you get into foul trouble and 10 gives you too many options.

8 is the perfect number for me too.  But prefer 9 or 10 over 7 - for foul trouble reasons and fresh legs.  Wouldn't know what to do with 15 kids who could really go.  Which is why Silsbee is fortunate to have Joe Sigler and not me trying to coach that bunch.  I am sure he will get it figured out.  #richpeopleproblems

It's very unusual in high school basketball for your 11-15 players on your bench to come in and wreak havoc.There are some advantages to platooning , fresh legs and foul trouble but there are some big time disadvantages as well. Flow is everything in most basketball games and it is hard to establish looking that far down the bench. This type substitution pattern often lets you annihilate weaker teams with not much but depth but doesn't affect your better teams much.

• 2 weeks later...