Changing politics

PAMFAM10

Changing your mind might mean that you have learned or been convinced of something. To me that can mean intelligence and an open mind. 

Changing a stance might have nothing to do with a belief but for political purposes. That may or may not be good. For example a politician might be strongly pro life but never vote to ban abortion, feeling that your personal belief should not be forced on someone else by law. I know a lot of people that want no part of open carrying handguns (soon to come to Texas) but do not want to deny other people that option. 

It may be bad if a politician makes a statement based on how many votes it might get and may very vote differently once elected. I think that is an untrustworthy person. That isn't changing a mind however (as their beliefs never really changed) but merely suckering people. 

Here is how I might phrase the question. If a politician changes a political stance, has he changed his mind or is he buying votes and he may still vote the his belief against what he stated if it ever comes to a vote?

Edited by tvc184

Politicians change there minds on a lot of key issues rather for personal beliefs or just playing politics does. How do you guys feel about subject. 

Just curious because 

I've now chosen to be pro-life

First, since I'm pro life, you probably made that decision for many of the same reasons I'm PL, and I'm proud of you, for whatever reason. 

Could never cover your question as well as tvc did, so I'll tell you what my mom use to say, "A wise man changes his mind, a durn fool never does".   Kind of a simple response, but it sums it up.  

Politicians change there minds on a lot of key issues rather for personal beliefs or just playing politics does. How do you guys feel about subject. 

Just curious because 

I've now chosen to be pro-life

​Good!  I know it was tough to find out what planned parenthood did with those poor babies!