ESPN

PhatMack19

Disney told ESPN to cut $250 mil in the next 2 years.  Cowherd out yesterday along with a bunch of other big names.  They will have a whole new crew for College Gameday.  

Tv is changing and people are projecting ala carte TV programming in the near future.  I know a lot of younger people that don't have cable and just use Netflix, Hulu, and Apple TV.  ESPN is by far the most expensive TV channel at over $6 per subscriber.  When new contracts come out, I don't see how ESPN can keep paying they huge amounts of the past.  That will directly affect college budgets across the country. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cut:

ESPN News, ESPN Deportes, ESPNU,  ESPN Classic, SEC Network, and LHN. 

I like some of those.  I think they should quit trying to make news stories and just talk about sports and show highlights.  They've almost gone the way of mtv and quit doing what made them popular.  

I like some of those.  I think they should quit trying to make news stories and just talk about sports and show highlights.  They've almost gone the way of mtv and quit doing what made them popular.  

I agree in general.  I do love the 30 for 30s though, and even the SEC Storied.   Personally those are my favorite programs on their networks.   

As much as MTV has deviated from their original programming,  at least they did not go out and create 5 other channels to try and make everyone happy. ESPN needs to decide who they want to be. I find it hard to believe that if they stuck with professional and NCAA sporting events, that they could not be profitable. 

I agree in general.  I do love the 30 for 30s though, and even the SEC Storied.   Persoznally those are my favorite programs on their networks.   

As much as MTV has deviated from their original programming,  at least they did not go out and create 5 other channels to try and make everyone happy. ESPN needs to decide who they want to be. I find it hard to believe that if they stuck with professional and NCAA sporting events, that they could not be profitable. 

I just think the bubble has burst on these huge conference TV deals.  Prices will start dropping when they start negotiating new TV deals, which will affect each school by taking money out of their pockets.  

My little brother is in college.  Him and most of his friends don't have cable and instead use Apple TV, Hulu, Netflix, etc.  They just go somewhere if they want to catch a game.  Cable TV as it is now, may soon go the way of the home telephone.