Sex Ed problem?

Parents should be tending to teaching most of these things not teachers!

Yep, it worked so well in that rural TX county.

We aren't talking inner city Dallas where people might tend to say, "figures". 

Looking at the results, apparently the ranchers in that area weren't doing much teaching to their kids. In fact according to the article, neither was the school district that only taught abstinence. 

I see no problems in a science class with telling teenage children, if you have sex, this is what may result and it does not end at pregnancy. It is not taking over parenting. Whether to have sex or sexual morals is an issue for the family but I suspect that has never truly happened going back to the "good ol' days". I graduated high school over 40 years ago and if people think that we weren't having sex....................... 

I agree with ya but I didnt say parents were teaching I said they should be but lots of parents aren't doin their job these days!

I don't disagree but I honestly believe that it was those days also. I think that times have changed and we see a lot more and more is permissible on what teenagers can do today however I don't think parents 50 years ago were telling much more than what is being told today. It was still learned on the streets but the streets were different.

We did not have the government to cover our butt if a pregnancy happened or if a disease occurred. We also didn't have the federal babysitter covering the unwanted children either. Therein lies the difference, not the parenting.

In my opinion.

My son is 13 going on 25.....I had the talk a couple years ago with him after a failed attempt when he was about 9......

It is a tough conversation to have. My parents really didn't have "the talk" with me. I had to figure it out from talking to my friends.  Today, you can youtube just about anything you want to know......back in the day, we had to sneak and find where Dad kept the Playboys.....

School officials have declared an outbreak of chlamydia at a high school in Crane County, Texas, where the only sex-ed course is legally required to emphasize abstinence.

​Apparently some of the kids failed the class.

I remember when Rivercrest ISD had an AIDS outbreak back in the 90's or something like that.

Yep, it worked so well in that rural TX county.

We aren't talking inner city Dallas where people might tend to say, "figures".

Looking at the results, apparently the ranchers in that area weren't doing much teaching to their kids. In fact according to the article, neither was the school district that only taught abstinence.

I see no problems in a science class with telling teenage children, if you have sex, this is what may result and it does not end at pregnancy. It is not taking over parenting. Whether to have sex or sexual morals is an issue for the family but I suspect that has never truly happened going back to the "good ol' days". I graduated high school over 40 years ago and if people think that we weren't having sex.......................

I agree,because knowledge is power.