Travel/AAU Teams

RunninRebels

Brady didn't we beat y'all by 30 when we played y'all last summer? God forbid we play y'all this weekend might be even worse than last year.

Yes Yall did. Was a great game until the last 10 minutes. My boys gave up. Won't happen again. But if it does, it's ok. I'm in it for each kid getting better. And I'm a positive role model for the kids. It's not about who is the better "coach" with me. I swallow my pride and do what's best for the kids. I'm just a normal guy giving them a positive place to play. If it was about winning, I would go after everyone's best players and buy them stuff and not make them pay fee's just to have the best team. :)

Yes Yall did. Was a great game until the last 10 minutes. My boys gave up. Won't happen again. But if it does, it's ok. I'm in it for each kid getting better. And I'm a positive role model for the kids. It's not about who is the better "coach" with me. I swallow my pride and do what's best for the kids. I'm just a normal guy giving them a positive place to play. If it was about winning, I would go after everyone's best players and buy them stuff and not make them pay fee's just to have the best team. :)

Ok I was just wondering since you thought something was funny about my previous post...And hope your not insinuating that we pay to have players no one in our organizations buys players stuff as for the fee's we understand that all the players can't come up with money to pay fees all the time and that's understandable....I didn't see what was funny about my group being the best 16u in the area enlighten me please.

Ok I was just wondering since you thought something was funny about my previous post...And hope your not insinuating that we pay to have players no one in our organizations buys players stuff as for the fee's we understand that all the players can't come up with money to pay fees all the time and that's understandable....I didn't see what was funny about my group being the best 16u in the area enlighten me please.

Didn't say Yall did. Just said we don't. And I understand not everyone can afford it either. That's why I drive them around and make money. Get them jobs, etc... And yes, Yall were the best 15u team in SETX last year. Congrats

Kudos to All of the Volunteer Coaches spending their Time & Money on kids' future.  Remember it's a Long Spring/Summer Season, no need to Panic & Blow up your Teams because of a few Tournaments. I just saw a Good Pro Team(Clippers) get the Doors blown off by a Great Pro Team (Spurs)

Whether you Win/Lose by 50 or by 1point, it's Still just a Win/Loss. Must keep things in Perspective. Use the things from the game that can help your Team move forward, the rest just throw it away.  Happy Hunting :D 

FYI: No Disclaimer Here, just a little Food For Thought

It's not like some don't misinterpret things on here right? :lol:  :lol: 

I do think you guys have, and have had, one of the best "area" teams, in the 16u division anyway. Losing Mike J will hurt since he was probably your best player but I will say SBG teams are always extraordinarily "deep."

Not at all, we just reload with talent...judging by our first pool play game where we won by close to twenty we won't miss a beat but Mike J is a special player by all means. And we have the BEST area team in 16u and I don't think any others are close to be honest.

We know you hate it. But it serves its purpose. Shaka Smart, Bruce Perl, and Chris Mullin (to name a few) were all watching 15 year olds (several from SETX) play a couple of weeks ago in New Orleans. That will happen exactly zero times at HS games in the Golden Triangle ;)

I do remember two Decembers ago that Larry Brown and Roy Williams BOTH watching a HS game in little ole Nederland, TX.

Not at all, we just reload with talent...judging by our first pool play game where we won by close to twenty we won't miss a beat but Mike J is a special player by all means. And we have the BEST area team in 16u and I don't think any others are close to be honest.

Either way, this weekend won't tell ...we both have our 17u teams here. Hope we both win the next 2 and meet in the ship. That's a good look for our area.

Let's see both teams lost too the same team. Brady lost by 2 not sure about SBG. So doesn't look to be much difference between the two.

And they beat Defenders - Kraemer by 16. Game was closer than that though. A lot of fouling at the end down by 8. I believe they beat SBG by 6

S/o to everyone who played in the Kingwood ,Under Armour and Gauntlet you guys represented SETX well ....SBG,DEFENDERS-DILL,DEFENDERS-KRAEMER ,DEFENDERS-BRADY, TEAM STAGE,GOLDEN TRIANGLE TOP GUN ,TEXAS FUTURE BASKETBALL.

Ps ..doesn't matter who the best team in SETX is that's all for show ,end of the day we have to make noise outside these parameters. Support from each would be key , I see Dallas teams do it, Houston teams do it,but not SETX it has to get better. Some of these adults step to the side and allow these kids to be friends even though their playing for different teams .

S/o to everyone who played in the Kingwood ,Under Armour and Gauntlet you guys represented SETX well ....SBG,DEFENDERS-DILL,DEFENDERS-KRAEMER ,DEFENDERS-BRADY, TEAM STAGE,GOLDEN TRIANGLE TOP GUN ,TEXAS FUTURE BASKETBALL.

Ps ..doesn't matter who the best team in SETX is that's all for show ,end of the day we have to make noise outside these parameters. Support from each would be key , I see Dallas teams do it, Houston teams do it,but not SETX it has to get better. Some of these adults step to the side and allow these kids to be friends even though their playing for different teams .

Yes sir!! Thats it!! I had to go get my fix this weekend and attended Kingwood to watch a relative on his 8th grade team. Seems like I can't stay away from "da devil."  ;)  But good point, SETX kids need to support each other in tourneys. I've seen it in the past when the kids supported or watched their area mates play. Lets hope the other teams were busy and in at another location and their schedule didn't allow the time.