WH 75 Big Sandy 68 Final/Friday

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest orangeman

In front of a packed house of 1,000, West Hardin defeated Big Sandy 75 - 68. The Oiler (24-1) were led by Brandon Letsinger who had 29 points & 8 rebounds. Jared Tomlinson added 19 points & 10 rebounds. Tyler Copeland added 17 points as well. The win puts WH & BS in a deadlock at the top of district 24A. No plans for a tie-breaker have been made concrete should both teams win out. The coaches are in discussion on what would be the best way to settle the tie-breaker, while also preparing their respective teams for who they may see down the road. We'll let you know when something is set.

WAY TO GO OILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was an awsome game.  The boys came out with there heads on straight and got right to business.  They not only played with skill, but they played with their hearts......you could tell they wanted this win BAD. 

The gym was packed to capacity, not even standing room.  The fans were fantastic and LOUD.

Again, Great Job OILERS !!!!!

WE ARE SO PROUD OF OUR OILERS!!! THEY PLAYED GREAT TONIGHT... THIS IS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL EVERYONE ALL SEASON!!! WE HAVE A GREAT TEAM WITH A HUGE HEART AND MAD SKILL!!!!!!!......THERE WAS NO DOUBT IN ANY OF OUR MINDS WHO WAS GOING TO WIN TONIGHT.....

OH AND SORRY ABOUT THE UPDATES LIKE WHFAN SAID IT WAS CRAZY!!!

source..Bmt Enterprise

SARATOGA - This moment had been long-awaited by the West Hardin boys basketball team.

Led by a feisty effort down the stretch at home, No. 13-ranked West Hardin handed No. 11 Big Sandy its first District 24-A loss of the season with a 75-68 decision in the Oilers' gymnasium on Friday.

The win for the Oilers also avenges a 61-45 loss against Big Sandy earlier this season.

West Hardin (24-1 overall and 9-1 in district) is now tied for first in district with the Wildcats.

Although the Oilers were outscored 10-6 over the final two minutes of the contest, West Hardin held a 69-58 lead with 2:18 remaining, and the scoring differential was too much for the Wildcats to overcome.

Big Sandy is now 21-7 overall and 9-1 in district.

"We played hard," said West Hardin coach Kent Fuller, whose team has now won seven consecutive games. "I told the boys all week that to beat this team you've got to do all of the little things right: boxing out, making your free throws and taking care of the ball. We did all three of those and I'm really proud of them."

The Oilers led by six at the end of the third quarter and jumped out to 62-51 advantage midway through the fourth period.

Guard Brandon Letsinger led West Hardin with 29 points on the night, while forwards Jared Tomlinson and Tyler Copeland added 19 and 17 points each.

"This win is real big because we didn't want to give up a district championship on our home floor," Fuller said. "Hopefully, we'll get to play a tie-breaker for the district championship."

Big Sandy was led on the night by Anthony Williams' 16 points, while post player Geoffery McKinney scored 15, Cory Tolar scored 13 and guard Troy Langley added 12. The Wildcats received nine points from Langley during the fourth quarter, while Williams scored eight of his points during the final period to help Big Sandy hang close.

West Hardin will now play host to Sabine Pass on Tuesday before finishing district play at Evadale next Friday. If the Oilers and Wildcats remain tied for first place at the end of the regular season, a tie-breaker will likely be played to determine the teams' playoff spots.

"We've got two more games, and hopefully we'll finish on a strong note," Fuller said. "Right now, we're peaking at the right time. I'm glad we're going into the playoffs looking good."

Good Job Oilers.....You were awesome...... glad I made it in the gym in time to see the game.. they were locking doors and not allowing anymore in.....no one wanted to lose their spot, standing or sitting....I have never seen it so packed.....keep up the awesome work.....this is your year for records......

Guest orangeman

I do want to say a special thanks to all of the West Hardin fans who showed up in full force last night. As the coach I feel that I have the best seat in the house. To look across the court to our side of the gym and see hundreds upon hundreds of cheering fans was amazing. The bleachers were jammed packed, people were standing on any open space of wood they could find, and more fans were ushered into to the cafeteria to watch through the windows, and not to mention the fans who were unfortunately turned away at the door. The crowd noise was deafening, the bleachers were literally shaking, and I just feel blessed to have been able to be a part of it. Every single basket, starting with the first, was cheered as if it was the game winner... simply amazing! Credit Big Sandy who showed great support, played hard, and showed class. Man that was fun.

I said it before, and now I'll say it again...look no further for your "Coach of the Year"...Coach Kent Fuller deserves the trophy!  I have never met a coach who showed so much heart, so much class, so much integrity, and so much love as this man does.  If you've never had the blessing of meeting him, count it a loss.  Of course, there is a reason he is all of those things, and that is what makes him extra special as well...he doesn't mind sharing why he is so different.  "The Light" truly shines in this man... on and off the court!  Way to go Coach, and way to go Oilers.  WH is blessed to have such a great team and a great coach to support.  I would also like to recommend a player of the week...Jared Tomlinson played one of his best games last night!  I am so proud of you ALL!!!

AMAZING game!  Both teams played their hearts out.  Both teams' fans SCREAMED their hearts out!  My ears were ringing when we left the building.  Neither team let up for a second of this game.  

Congratulations, Oilers!  I usually have plenty to say, but I'm kind of speechless right now.  You guys showed up and did exactly what we all knew you could do.  Jared, GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!  Brandon, I'm pretty sure you silenced the haters! :)  Coach, way to go!!  (We missed you, Stokley...feel better!)  ALL of you as a team sure know how to make your fans PROUD!!!  DON'T LET UP!!!

great job oilers! way to go tyler! just wanted to say that the rest of the team has really stepped up. and you 2 premeir players are a class act. i am kin to one and have met the other a few times and if you did not know they were great basket ball players before the conversation you would not know it after , meaning they do not blow their own horn and earn the praise they get . stay like that and you will go a long way in life! now i hope we (HD) can help you out by winning fri. will appreciate all support we can get ( HD parent) lets go HD & WH

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder