CIA Purchased, Disposed of Iraqi Chemical Weapons, 2005-2006

PN-G bamatex

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/world/cia-is-said-to-have-bought-and-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=2&assetType=nyt_now

This article stems from recently declassified documents, that add to other declassified documents released to the public a few years ago about similar clandestine operations.

I still don't understand why we're just now finding out about this. The Bush administration would have saved itself and its party a lot of political headaches had this information been made public 10 years ago. I can't help but think they're hiding something more - something with grave potential consequences which massively outweigh the political benefits a release like this could have brought for the Republicans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/16/world/cia-is-said-to-have-bought-and-destroyed-iraqi-chemical-weapons.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=2&assetType=nyt_now

This article stems from recently declassified documents, that add to other declassified documents released to the public a few years ago about similar clandestine operations.

I still don't understand why we're just now finding out about this. The Bush administration would have saved itself and its party a lot of political headaches had this information been made public 10 years ago. I can't help but think they're hiding something more - something with grave potential consequences which massively outweigh the political benefits a release like this could have brought for the Republicans.

Very interesting!

They have to be. There would be no other reason not to release that information.

It always amazes me that we all sit here and have these political debates with probably 20% of the information. The government can't and should not tell the general public everything, and that goes for all administrations.

Hey buddy I'm gonna need you to stop being so rational, thanks

They have to be. There would be no other reason not to release that information.

It always amazes me that we all sit here and have these political debates with probably 20% of the information. The government can't and should not tell the general public everything, and that goes for all administrations.

That's right.

That doesn't mean I can't form conspiracy theories, though.  :D

The NY Times is probably not on her list as reputable news sources. I always knew in my heart they had WMDs! George Bush Was Not Wrong!!!!!!

Remember -- again -- ol' Billy boy clinton and AlGore had the same info and came to the same conclusion that there were WMDs!

So let ME say it -- Bush was right!

I am curious if Congress was informed of this. I remember quite a few of Congressmen running around on campaign speeches whaling about the unjust war and shouting to anyone who would listen about how they were lied to about the existence of "weapons of mass destruction". If they had knowledge of this program, should we hold impeachment proceedings for these folks?

I am curious if Congress was informed of this. I remember quite a few of Congressmen running around on campaign speeches whaling about the unjust war and shouting to anyone who would listen about how they were lied to about the existence of "weapons of mass destruction". If they had knowledge of this program, should we hold impeachment proceedings for these folks?

:)  :)

The NY Times is probably not on her list as reputable news sources. I always knew in my heart they had WMDs! George Bush Was Not Wrong!!!!!!

Oh, there's not a doubt in my mind that they had them. Or that they got them to Syria with Russian assistance. We had intelligence that indicated a former KGB official who worked as a liaison with Iraq in the '80s was in Baghdad in the months leading up to the invasion, and that Iraq was moving massive amounts of unidentified supplies across the Syrian border - one of Obama's own intelligence directors has given that (largely ignored) testimony on several different occasions.

Ever wondered why Russia was so adamantly against our involvement in the Syrian crisis? Or where those chemical weapons Assad turned on his own people came from? Or perhaps what those private conversations Obama was having with Putin and Medvedev were about?