Best Player

the LEG

What game did kirby get "shut down".. ohh and by the way its not just  the fact that kirby can  score goals(which he can and very well).. he is faster than almost everyone hes faced, he has phenomenal foot skills, he is a genius on the field, he can play midfielber as good as people who play mid as their starting position, and if he had to im willing to bet a large amount of money that he could play sweeper or any defensive position great. Basically Kirby is the real deal, total package abut dont take my word for it come out to kelly next time there is a game and whatch him play as well as every other Kelly player and you are sure to be amazed  not just by Kirby but by the whole team.

im so sick of tired of hearing about kirby and kelly...do they not understand that this topic didnt concern them...guess not.....we should make a kelly  only forum ...that could solve all our problems

haha....agreed. but it is HS soccer talk. and kellys a highschool. im kinda tired of hearing about kelly because most of us have seen them play and know how good they are. but we have to include them. lets be more specific in the new topic next time. instead of saying best player, say best player in 20-4a. that might help a wee bit.

Well in 4A Yeah Yeah has really got it going on . . . getting to train him and play small sided games he is real talent . . . I havent seen many others play .. . . nederland has one guy that plays in the mid field that is strong on the ball i forget his number but he is very good player 

nederland has one guy that plays in the mid field that is strong on the ball i forget his number but he is very good player 

You're probly thihnnkin or ryan clark.  I dunno his number either but i played select with him and he plays a center mid for nederland.  was it a shorter guy with short hair?

"Best Player" is always a good topic because it leads to great discusion.  However, some of us on here show a little too much bias and favoritism toward our own teammates or players on our former team.  I think each team has two or three players that bring something essential to their team, and without them, the team would suffer.  Are any of these kids better than the other?  I guess that would be an opinion or popularity contest.  I think anyone who subjects themselves to hours of conditioning and training in what is now called "soccer weather" here in SE Texas should be commended.  That being said, here's what I've observed so far this season...

Kelly

Matt Kirby - I think plenty has been said about him, but there's no doubt the kid's got skills and speed.

Donnie Corona - Great feet for such a big body

Stockie (sp?) - There are many good keepers in the area, and he's at the/near the top of the list.  Very polished.

West Brook 

Travis Linthicum - Really good.  He's got the ego of a galactico.

Montalbano - Cannon leg.  Short temper.

Pelegi - Solid in the midfield

Lumberton

Brent Waldrep - I don't know if I've seen anyone have more fun playing soccer.  Talent, charisma, and quickness.

Garza - This guy has got to be one the best athletes in the area.  He has proven that he can walk on a soccer field without much practice and dominate.

#9 I think.  The freshman.  Quick and can play up front or in the back equally well.

Vidor

Biffle and Greenway - Continue to carry on the winning tradition that last year's seniors created.  Lots of heart.

Keeper - Can't think of his name.  Very athletic.

LCM

Leger - Very good running at defenders or the goal.  Sometimes their only viable attacking option.

TC - Hard worker in the midfield.

Keeper - I'm bad with names.  Extremely athletic and extremely crazy.

Nederland

Ryan Clarke - Hard working leader in the midfield.  Sets great example for a very young team.

Ryan Washburn - Very calm but tenacious in the back.

PNG

Bryce Talent - I think he's still waiting to see if he might be able to play the second half of the season.  I haven't seen anyone work harder.  Can defend.  Can score.  Can set up attack.  One of the best flank players I have seen in a long time.

Matt Parks - He has really stepped into the leader role since Bryce has been missing.

Silsbee

I don't know his name, but the tall forward over there could start at any program in this area without a doubt.  He is LEGIT.  There's a center mid over there who is a quality player, too.

I know I've left many off, but these are just a few of the guys who have stood out in my opinion.  The fact that there is a legitimate discussion about 10 to 20 area young men being considered "the best" is awesome.  Ten years ago the list would have significantly dropped off after 5 or 8.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33