5A D2 REGIONAL FINAL: CROSBY vs HUTTO

Cougar14.2

The Crosby Cougar(12-1) will face the Hutto Hippos(11-2) at 2 pm Saturday in San Marcos at Texas State University for the region three title. The Cougars were co-district champs with King and Hutto finished third in their district behind Temple and Elgin, who Brenham beat in the area round. The winner of this one most likely gets perennial power Cedar Park in the semi-finals. Can Code Red be the first 4A/5A team from SETX since Dayton to win the region or will they finish a solid season 12-2?

Why is this game in San Marcos? I don't think this would be considered a neutral site.

After seeing both of these teams play games against the Wildcats, I believe that the Cougars will lilkely run roughshod over the Hippos in this contest. The Crosby squad is big, fast and very talented this year. They thumped the Wildcats a LOT worse than the Hippos were able to.

I think if Crosby plays clean ball the game should go about like Brenham did where we were never really threatened. I honestly think Brenham is a better team and tougher matchup than Hutto because of Patterson. Hutto's qb has good numbers but they won't be able to slow down Crosby's pass rush due to the fact they have no real running game to keep the d-line honest. Your view also looks to be shared by some Cedar Park folks who are already calling Crosby out.

I think if Crosby plays clean ball the game should go about like Brenham did where we were never really threatened. I honestly think Brenham is a better team and tougher matchup than Hutto because of Patterson. Hutto's qb has good numbers but they won't be able to slow down Crosby's pass rush due to the fact they have no real running game to keep the d-line honest. Your view also looks to be shared by some Cedar Park folks who are already calling Crosby out.

Like I posted before huttos QB won't have the luxury of 7-8 sec to get rid of the ball. That being said we still have to contain him. Also, not to concerned with their WR as they are avg at best with #6 being there go to guy. I'm sticking with my prediction of 41-13 as with you 02 I don't think this one Is ever in doubt and Cedar Park better be careful what they wish for cause a Red storm's a brewin' and they in the path as well. That's if they survive Tivy!! CC TAKEOVER in full effect

Yeah don't like singling out kids but was asked to scout game and give an honest opinion on Hutto since we are not familiar with their skill players just their coach and his offensive tendencies. Did not see anything that stood out or any of their skill players that could even start for Crosby. But hey just my opinion and why I'm picking Crosby 41-13 but thinking about increasing that due to weather! CC TAKEOVER hunting Hippos and our trophy!!

So are all four of your WR and DBs committed to D1 programs? Since a Rice commit couldn't start for you and all...

You haven't heard.??...you must be new to this ol website. Crosby had 45 D1 commits. I thought That exaggeration was well documented when we were told we would be lucky to make it to the playoffs.

So are all four of your WR and DBs committed to D1 programs? Since a Rice commit couldn't start for you and all...

No, sophomores and juniors, play baseball, want to be doctors and lawyers and such but sure do one thing as a common goal. They are family and care about one another so we'll take our shot with these DB's and WR's. Again that's my opinion and I have been called an expert a time or two!! CC TAKEOVER any skill position starters in Texas !!

You realize Hutto was picked to get 5th in their district right?

You do realize we've heard all this before and one town at a time (not naming any tribes or stables or kennels or jump in any time guys) we've silenced them. So bringing your newbie self to SETX (very subtle questioning to start, I'm impressed in a kinda DR Lector kinda way) a prodding for info let's just say, that Hippo won't hunt!!

Well that's not a good sign cause Teppers an idiot

Yeah, but they also picked Crosby as a dark horse to win state after losing what we lost and people thought that was idiotic. They are also the only one of the three polls that were high on Crosby during the season. I agree that all their information isn't totally accurate though.

Yeah, but they also picked Crosby as a dark horse to win state after losing what we lost and people thought that was idiotic. They are also the only one of the three polls that were high on Crosby during the season. I agree that all their information isn't totally accurate though.

I see your point. I'm headed up now to catch the Tivy beat down of CP to see what we're up against next!! CC TAKEOVER of centex almost upon us!!

You crosby folks are begging for an upset of cedar park tonight....You Scared Say You Scared!!!

Why would Crosby be scared of Cedar Park. We already took out the team that beat them last year and we already knocked off the team that actually did make it to the title game. CP has a 23-0 loss to 3-7 Dripping Springs this year also. Maybe you PNG people really believes tradition wins games, you should know better by now.

Nah ain't scared I just heard from a guys brother who does trash from a family member of the Tivy trainer ( see I know people too from other towns injun) that said Johnny Manziels fathead would be at the Crosby vs Tivy game if Tivy wins. Plus what my bro Coog002 said but he beat me too it. He's a statistical wizard!! CC TAKEOVER of your teams Fatheads!!