HJ vs. La Grange

drewlsu

LG's defense only average eh? They only average 14 points allowed per game while HJ averages 19 and LG has had a stronger schedule. So does that make HJ defense"only average".

You will see all the weapons the LG offense has Friday Dobbins, Hutchison, Rigden, Mueller and Janda to mention five. Our middle LBs #30 Worsham and #99 Garza will blow up the middle. Please continue to underestimate the Leopards just like Orangefield did. You will see.

No one from Orangefield underestimated La Grange. Maybe it was some from others schools but not Orangefield. We knew we had to play a near perfect game to beat LG and in all honesty a perfect game by OF still probably would not have been enough.

LG's defense only average eh? They only average 14 points allowed per game while HJ averages 19 and LG has had a stronger schedule. So does that make HJ defense"only average".

You will see all the weapons the LG offense has Friday Dobbins, Hutchison, Rigden, Mueller and Janda to mention five. Our middle LBs #30 Worsham and #99 Garza will blow up the middle. Please continue to underestimate the Leopards just like Orangefield did. You will see.

I didn't mean it as #22 is all you guys have.. just 90% of the plays go through him.. LG is probably up there with WOS in offensive skill.. but as far as your defense goes you should probably go read the Bellville thread.. they thought their defense was the greatest thing since sliced bread and then HJ rolled into town and showed them other wise.. This should be a great game but if you keep on saying HJ hasn't seen a team like LG, well then LG hasn't seen a team like HJ.. Defense too much for LG.. HJ wins this one 21-17

La Vernia was big physical and athletic on both sides of the football, so yes we have seen a team like HJ before. HJ defense will be a challenge for our offense but the Leps are capable and will get their points one way or another. If we can hold HJ to 21 points or less the Leps will win this game.

Well since you say that HJ played WOS which is fast and athletic so HJ has seen a team like LG.... either way this doesn't help either team. We won't know how these team will match up against each other until friday at 1 when they take the field..

HJ defense needs to play like they did against Tatum. That was about as dominant defensive performance as I have seen. Just a recap, Tatum scored on the opening kickoff, then not again till garbage time. HJ defense held them to 5 first downs all game.

one thing for sure hj goes into EVERY game believing they are winners.that makes a difference at times like this.go Hawks

one thing for sure hj goes into EVERY game believing they are winners.that makes a difference at times like this.go Hawks

Thanks WOS#1 it takes a winning attitude and a group of young men that have a "we can do this" attitude. Just an interesting comparison HJ has won more games this past 2 years than the combined total of the previous 6 years 2007-2013. I am not saying we will be better or worse next year (we do lose some key players) but you have the a key ingredient to a winning program, (pride), starting to filter into a program that has needed it for a long time. Coming from a dad with 4 boys one still in Kinder. it has been a fun transformation to be a part of.

Win or lose Friday the Hawks have had an impressive season gaining a lot of respect and credibility from the football community statewide. A winning program brings more success as young folks strive to be a part of something that they can take pride in. Now folks around Texas know Hardin-Jefferson for football as well as basketball. Congratulations to the Hawks from La Grange.

LaGrange is a beast of a team. We all know that. Have they been significantly challenged this year yet? I know HJ and I know how good they can be. Ive read and seen film on LG and somewhat see an offense that relies on that unbelievable RB. Before anyone jumps on me for saying they are one dimensional, has anyone been able to stop him enough to make LG do something else? I think the answer is no. If HJ can at least slow him down, you might have a ballgame then. I know there are other backs. Im talking about the Leopard run game in whole.

Come on Pud really, Orangefield underestimated y'all. I don't remember seeing a single Orangefield fan on this site or any other site for that matter talking trash about your Leps. Hell I was just bragging about your team, fans, and community on another site about how we're trying to build a program just like yours. I believe what you were reading were post from our district family members encouraging our team on. Down deep we all knew what we were about to get into, but hey you still have to play the game. Go Hawks

dont give them a short field to work with PLAY LIGHTS OUT FOOTBALL

yea the short field won't work friday..I'm not a big fan of the pooch kick every kickoff. .it just gives to good of field position..against lagrange that could be very costly. .I have seen film on lagrange's RB #22 Dobbins and he is the real deal..if HJ can contain the edges I like our chances.I just don't see us giving up big runs up the middle..GO HAWKS