WO-S and penalties

marshman

I don't know that the outcome would have been different, as in, I'm not sure HJ would have have won. On the contrary, maybe it's just me, but I would much rather be down one TD or tied at the half than be down two scores. At that point, HJ has to leave their comfort zone and run plays that they normally don't run. They have to start throwing the ball against a team with very good defensive backs, which is something they didn't want to do. They played defense very well at the end of the second half, and only allowed one first down in three straight possessions. I don't think it cost HJ the game, I just wish we could have seen how HJ responded with the ball plus the momentum.

HJ was "out of their comfort zone" the entire game... a'la 42-21... Their fans still are apparently.

And you guys are still assuming that was a bad call... opinions vary on that. I think the right call was made.

HJ had all the momentum going into the half. They had held WOS to one first down in three drives, and sustained a long drive of their own to cut the score to 14-7 going into the half.

This is just comical... You had all of the momentum??? LMBO... OK, we scored the 2 TD's. HJ had a nice 9 play drive to make it 14-7, then we had a 3 and out, you had a 3 and out, we had a 4 and out, you had a three and out, we had a 6 and out punted and the ball hit your player and we scored from there... How can you reason that you had "all of the momentum" or "was the better team" during that time?? This is completely laughable... ROSE... COLORED... GLASSES... 

Huh this thread turned into a WOS/HJ post I thought we were discussing WOS and penalties. Just curious do we have penalty stats on any teams? If memory serves me correct I belive HJ has been called for 1 unsportsmanlike conduct call this year. I also believe it was offsetting by one from the other team

Huh this thread turned into a WOS/HJ post I thought we were discussing WOS and penalties. Just curious do we have penalty stats on any teams? If memory serves me correct I belive HJ has been called for 1 unsportsmanlike conduct call this year. I also believe it was offsetting by one from the other team

Hey we did have one offsetting the other night, too. Didn't we?

HJ was "out of their comfort zone" the entire game... a'la 42-21... Their fans still are apparently.

And you guys are still assuming that was a bad call... opinions vary on that. I think the right call was made.

This is just comical... You had all of the momentum??? LMBO... OK, we scored the 2 TD's. HJ had a nice 9 play drive to make it 14-7, then we had a 3 and out, you had a 3 and out, we had a 4 and out, you had a three and out, we had a 6 and out punted and the ball hit your player and we scored from there... How can you reason that you had "all of the momentum" or "was the better team" during that time?? This is completely laughable... ROSE... COLORED... GLASSES...

You guys came out and it looked like it was going to be a 49-0 blowout. Then for the next 12+ minutes HJ outscored yall and held you to 1 first down. I'd like a rational explanation from you as to how HJ wasn't the better team during that time. Actually, I don't, because there is none, and because I'm seriously tired of talking about the issue. WOS won the game, should've won the game, and neither side is going to convince the other that A) the punt play was/wasn't a bogus call or B ) that the call in question was a huge play/wasn't a big deal. All debating, bickering, and whatnot aside, I repeat again that I think you guys are a fantastic team, and are going to be tough for anyone to beat, and I sure hope that we meet again in a few weeks. If not, best of luck, and I'll be pulling for y'all every game that doesn't involve HJ. Adios. See you in another thread that doesn't involve a punt.

bullets, I only listened on radio but I will agree that it sounded like HJ outplayed WOS during those 12 minutes you refer too, however the game is 48 minutes long.  As for the punt, had the roles been reversed you are right again, most of us WOS fans would be saying the same thing most of the HJ fans have been saying. I will go along with both of those points. I do however think that had WOS gone into the half down by 2 scores it wouldn't have the same effect on them as it may have had on HJ. Would it have hurt them? Of course but WOS has had to play from behind before and has shown they can score often and quickly. Now having said that I hope they are not ever in that situation where they have too!

He can say all he wants. He was in the bleachers. The players on the field who were right there didn't see it. It didn't touch him.

What kids are you talking about??? YOUR player thought it hit him and so did DT (and so did the ref that was right there). I wish I could post the clip I have.

OK, the video isn't very good but you can see it somewhat. Looks like the tip of the ball either hit or came dang close to hitting #1's helmet. The way #1 turns around and looks at the ball it sure looks like he thinks it hit him. Also, note DT picking the ball up and looking at the ref... If he didn't think the ball hit him he wouldn't do that. They didn't simply down the ball and walk off the field as been said before.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203150383941015&set=vb.1249790539&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

OK, the video isn't very good but you can see it somewhat. Looks like the tip of the ball either hit or came dang close to hitting #1's helmet. The way #1 turns around and looks at the ball it sure looks like he thinks it hit him. Also, note DT picking the ball up and looking at the ref... If he didn't think the ball hit him he wouldn't do that. They didn't simply down the ball and walk off the field as been said before.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10203150383941015&set=vb.1249790539&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

I swore I wouldn't comment again, but I have to point out... as DT let a live ball that he supposedly "knew had been touched by HJ" roll to a stop (instead of hustling to jump on it), and then casually bent down to pick it up, do you think maybe he looked at the ref because every time a play ends the player holding the ball at that time turns to find a ref and then hands or tosses him the ball?

I'm also curious why a "video that isn't very good", according to the WOS fan who posted it, is somehow more definitive than the very clear videos provided by local news outlets in which it doesn't at all appear that the ball touched the HJ player.

Obviously. I recorded it from my phone... The one we are looking at is better. Just trying to get it out there so the... "they just touched it and walked off" and the "there wasn't a HJ player anywhere around" and the "it was a horrible call", myths can be dispelled. I think everyone with a set of eyeballs can see that there was indeed a HJ player close... Even if it didn't hit him you can see how close it was and you can also see the players reactions... No one was diving on the ball because they weren't sure, none of them were, but they knew it may have hit him. I actually think the HJ player did a good job of playing it off hoping no one notices, but you can see DT watching him.