WO-S and penalties

marshman

I have had the chance to see WOS in 5 games this year and in each one they have been penalized quite a bit, with seemingly most of them on offense.  Usually their offense can overcome these drive stoppers.  In the HJ game they were flagged 13 times for over 100 yards and twice last Friday they had the ball deep in HJ territory and both drives were pushed back from penalties and they were forced to punt.  I'm concerned that down the line in the playoffs they will meet up with a formidable opponent and need to get points every chance they get.  We all know that some games the scoring chances are limited and they need to be taken advantage of.  Is it just me being concerned or does anyone else feel that way too?

I didn't say that. This thread is about WOS and their penalties. And the complaints from WOS fans were about the penalties slowing drives or moving HJ down the field. And my point is that most of the calls on WOS were obvious, easy calls to make. The one call that I saw in the game that shouldn't have been made was the offensive pass interference. Other than that, they were for the most part simple calls to make. There were one or two holds called in the middle of the line that I couldn't see, but it wasn't like WOS got called for 10 holds or something killing all of their drives.

I have read a lots of complaints on here about refs. the coaches pick the ref. if both coaches don't agree then they go to state and a crew will be assign to call the game. the down side of that is you don't know what quality of refs you will be getting most of the good teams is already assigned on Friday nights only thing left is a put together team from division 5&4. #1 division tops.

I have read a lots of complaints on here about refs. the coaches pick the ref. if both coaches don't agree then they go to state and a crew will be assign to call the game. the down side of that is you don't know what quality of refs you will be getting most of the good teams is already assigned on Friday nights only thing left is a put together team from division 5&4. #1 division tops.

I'm pretty confident that Coach Thompson will NOT be using that officiating crew again. 

I didn't say that. This thread is about WOS and their penalties. And the complaints from WOS fans were about the penalties slowing drives or moving HJ down the field. And my point is that most of the calls on WOS were obvious, easy calls to make. The one call that I saw in the game that shouldn't have been made was the offensive pass interference. Other than that, they were for the most part simple calls to make. There were one or two holds called in the middle of the line that I couldn't see, but it wasn't like WOS got called for 10 holds or something killing all of their drives.

The offensive PI call happened literally right in front of me. I'm not totally sure if the official was making the call based on this or not, but DT was pulling on the cornerback's jersey. It was almost like he was trying to drag him down, which caused the DB to put his hand on DT's shoulder. DT initiated the contact, hoping the official wouldn't see it.

I would like for you to obviously watch the first kickoff on hudl and see the HJ kid spear the WOS player dead in the back but I'm sure you didn't obviously see that though! We may have had obvious penalties and I believe some of them were but damn they sure we're blind to a lot of things that happens to us this year! We get watched under the microscope every week so you guys already know we prepare for it! I remember T telling us in high school you know we're down by 14 when we show up so let's take care of business and play till the whistle blows! We will be fine it's not our first rodeo on games with 3 times as many penalties as our opponent! Imagine how much better we would look as a team if we didn't obviously commit so many penalties! The png game would have been a blowout

You can call a penalty on EVERY play, as an official your job is to try and call the game consistently if you call a hold for just a slight jersey tug then call it both ways the same. I would much rather watch a game that the officials just let them play, the problem is with that game the losing team will come out and say the officiating was horrible. If they call it strict with zero tolerance the fans and both teams will say the officiating was terrible. I know as an official I have blown calls it happens to all of us, the main thing you can hope for is that it does not effect the outcome of the game. I DO NOT think any call in this game did that. You can not go and try and make up the call (two wrongs do not make a right) personally I usually could not tell you who I made what calls on at the end of a game.

As far as WOS goes I did not see that they were over penalized several of their penalties were dead ball unsportsmanlike conduct calls to me those are a no no for any team. HJ has had minimal penalties in all of their games, I do not think that is sheer luck but more coaching and discipline on the players part. I did see a WOS player throw a blow to the head of a player and he got called for it for the life of me I do not know how he was not ejected. I was taught a blow to the head on a dead ball is a penalty and ejection. 

You always respond with something negative toward an WOS player that you saw! I'm so happy this game is over! You guys did just as much and some of your very own friends admit there were several late hits that werenot called as well as others! Then you say your players are more disciplined but yet the video shows otherwise! You just didn't get caught! Whatever dude it is what it is! See yall next year and once again we win district in spite of how many penalties we commit or how unsportsmanlike we are and HJ players are angels! Kiss my arse!

I am sure there was some late hits my point is the WOS player was flagged and called for the penalty which was a hand to head blow on a dead ball play over.. This penalty carries an ejection.

How am i being negative toward the player if he was called for it? It is not that I just saw it he was called for it.

And you can say whatever you want but I'm done arguing with people that just continue to act like we're so unsportsmanlike! We' were supposed to be dominated, we weren't going to be able to stop that smashmouth offense! Well we did and regular season ends! Good luck in the playoffs and I'm sure you guys will take revenge on poor lil Liberty now! Just remember they are kids so don't try to run the score up! Be a a good team and show great sportsmanship!

And you can say whatever you want but I'm done arguing with people that just continue to act like we're so unsportsmanlike! We' were supposed to be dominated, we weren't going to be able to stop that smashmouth offense! Well we did and regular season ends! Good luck in the playoffs and I'm sure you guys will take revenge on poor lil Liberty now

un-knot thy panties....

un-knot thy panties....

Hello, I'm a Hawk fan... We got called for 4 penalties and a punt that hit a player, but none of those 4 and the punt were justified... There was no player within 5 yards of the punt and the late hit out of bounds, which was on the opposite side of the field from us, was a good hit... I don't remember what the other 3 calls were for but I'm sure we didn't do it. However, I saw every single one of the 14 penalties called on the WOS players and they were all obvious... I saw everyone of them from my seat 40 rows up. You see, not only are we Hawk fans, but we also have Hawk eyes. So we can easily see and determine from the bleachers that your teams calls were obvious but ours were bogus... :)

Hello, I'm a Hawk fan... We got called for 4 penalties and a punt that hit a player, but none of those 4 and the punt were justified... There was no player within 5 yards of the punt and the late hit out of bounds, which was on the opposite side of the field from us, was a good hit... I don't remember what the other 3 calls were for but I'm sure we didn't do it. However, I saw every single one of the 14 penalties called on the WOS players and they were all obvious... I saw everyone of them from my seat 40 rows up. You see, not only are we Hawk fans, but we also have Hawk eyes. So we can easily see and determine from the bleachers that your teams calls were obvious but ours were bogus... :)

Finally a voice of reason.

Do you think it's possible that HJ may be a bit more disciplined than West Orange when it comes to that? False starts are pretty hard to dispute. I couldn't see the hit at the beginning because I was sitting too low in the stands and there were players blocking my view on that play, so maybe it was a good call. I don't know. I did see a quite a few obvious holds against WO-S that didn't get called, so don't say they were calling it too tight. The style of offense that WO-S runs is going to yield more penalties because it requires players to block longer. HJ's offense doesn't do that. You hit the first guy, then come off and pick up someone else.