Affordable Care Act Not So Affordable!

smitty

More on what has happened that wasn't going to happen according to obama.  From the article: "The Affordable Care Act was supposed to make health care more affordable, but a study of insurance policies before and after Obamacare shows that average premiums have skyrocketed, for some groups by as much as 78 percent."  My question is -- Affordable for who?? 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/28/obamacare-sends-health-premiums-skyrocketing-by-as/

More on what has happened that wasn't going to happen according to obama.  From the article: "The Affordable Care Act was supposed to make health care more affordable, but a study of insurance policies before and after Obamacare shows that average premiums have skyrocketed, for some groups by as much as 78 percent."  My question is -- Affordable for who?? 

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/28/obamacare-sends-health-premiums-skyrocketing-by-as/

Leaches on the public dole. 

The slug, dropout that is getting it for free or paying $10 a month thinks that is great but for the guy working for a living and it goes from $500 a month to $800 a month, not so much. 

yep...mine went to $946 per month w/ $3000 deduct.....that's $14,452 (after deduct is met) before I can even get the benefit of my insurance paying 80%....and we may go to the doctor once or twice a year...a big maybe!

And I don't even get a thank you from the "leaches" ... I just get called names like selfish and greedy, and told I don't pay my fair share to "help" others.....this isn't even counting what I pay in taxes...but that's for a different discussion.........

Leaches on the public dole. 

The slug, dropout that is getting it for free or paying $10 a month thinks that is great but for the guy working for a living and it goes from $500 a month to $800 a month, not so much.

I have personal knowledge of an individual employed by a public school who pays $1700 per month for coverage for spouse and dependent. Remember, the school personnel are "the regular guy" whom Obama said he was going to protect and fight for. Does this seem like good "protection" from the President?

• 2 weeks later...

She can shop on the exchange if her monthly premiums ate more than 10 percent of her monthly income. That happened to a friend of mine and he was able to get a silver plan through Molina for 600/ mo for his family.

I work for BISD (I'm on lunch break), and we're one of the higher paying school districts in the immediate area. I've got 9 years experience. $600 a month would represent 20% of my monthly take home. I'm having a hard time seeing that as affordable.

I work for BISD (I'm on lunch break), and we're one of the higher paying school districts in the immediate area. I've got 9 years experience. $600 a month would represent 20% of my monthly take home. I'm having a hard time seeing that as affordable.

Being on a Silver Plan thru Molina, extension of Dual eligible Medicare/Medicaid, her friend is benefiting from "Cost Reduction Plans." Or Subsidies.

Being on a Silver Plan thru Molina, extension of Dual eligible Medicare/Medicaid, her friend is benefiting from "Cost Reduction Plans." Or Subsidies.

why dont you do some research before responding. Molina has a COMMERCIAL plan on the exchange. My friend and his wife didnt qualify for subsidies. Why don you try shopping on the exchange. You can just put in an income and it will tell you what you can expect to pay a month.

your premium would be lower then theirs. They made more money and it was a family, not just an individual.

roflmbo. To qualify for medicaid you have to be poor or have a spevial waiver or you have to have a disability.Old people and those who are disabled qualify for medicare, being dual eligible means you get both. Medicare pays 80 % and medicaid pays 20%. If medicare doesnt cover something then medicaid will.

Everyone on here except is a big dumb liar. That one might have bumped their head a few times with so much roflmbo. That person also seems to have worked at every insurance, hospital, medical related company in the US. But just maybe, other people on here have worked/continue to work in the field of healthcare and might know a few things. Even if we only have one degree.
I'll stick with my knowledge of healthcare, including Molina Silver Plan (95%+ enrolled are Cost Reduction ). But enjoy your contrarian view of the world.

Everyone on here except is a big dumb liar. That one might have bumped their head a few times with so much roflmbo. That person also seems to have worked at every insurance, hospital, medical related company in the US. But just maybe, other people on here have worked/continue to work in the field of healthcare and might know a few things. Even if we only have one degree.
I'll stick with my knowledge of healthcare, including Molina Silver Plan (95%+ enrolled are Cost Reduction ). But enjoy your contrarian view of the world.

you said a person could shop on the exchange and get medicare/Medicaid dual coverage. WRONG