• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01

• It’s not “smart,” it’s reading comprehension. TVC (who I was responding to) has gone on the record on the other post about Phelan stating “hopefully” in regards to Phelan losing his speakership.    For and educated person (and educator, to boot), that’s a pretty ignorant sentiment, in my opinion anyways. Gone are the days of Jack Brooks, Carl Parker, etc… when you expected your local representation to “bring home the bacon.”  I’d like to point out another politician from SETX with as much clout as Phelan HAD in the Texas lege, but I can’t, because we’ve never been fortunate enough to have one.    And smart local people are saying “hopefully” he loses his job, to our local detriment, because of Trump, Paxton, Abbott, Patrick, and every other yayhoo, NOT FROM HERE, that wanted Phelan to stop thinking for himself.    I’d like to hear from this educator of lawmen, hopefully unbiased and incorruptible… what do you think of the allegations of wrongdoing on the part of “Our General,” as the Rs like to say, Ken Paxton? Would you take the directive of politicos who told you to sit down and NOT investigate at risk of your job? 
    • I don’t think this was the instructions given by the judge.  At least from what I have heard.
    • That is incorrect. They had to be unanimous on all counts. They had to agree unanimously that the falsification was to hide another crime. They did not have to agree unanimously that it was particular crime. That’s the law in New York. Applied equally to all defendants committing such felonies. 
    • How does a judge’s jury instructions saying they did not have to be unanimous on all counts not get this overturned?  Corruption at its finest.
    • I wish I was as “smart” as you, so that I would know everyone’s views, as you think you do.