Sheldon C.E. King 40 Barbers Hill 14/Final

WOSgrad

CEK was given good field position most of the game. When BH made king work for it, king collapsed. King will lose to a team with a decent defensive backfield. Stop the long passes and you beat CEK. If BH don't turn the ball over so much, your looking at a 21-7 ballgame. I say only 7 because they gave us one on a muffed punt. I will be surprised if CEK beats Crosby.

CEK was given good field position most of the game. When BH made king work for it, king collapsed. King will lose to a team with a decent defensive backfield. Stop the long passes and you beat CEK. If BH don't turn the ball over so much, your looking at a 21-7 ballgame. I say only 7 because they gave us one on a muffed punt. I will be surprised if CEK beats Crosby.

We will see. Did they lose kids to grades?

Once again King plays a decent defense and is held to under 400 total yards. King's running game was completely shut down but they couldn't defend the pass it looks like.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=213222&TeamID=136&SearchType=Teams

Once again King plays a decent defense and is held to under 400 total yards. King's running game was completely shut down but they couldn't defend the pass it looks like.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2014&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=213222&TeamID=136&SearchType=Teams

They scored 40. Who cares how many yards they have. Quit looking for a moral victory. Don Price and CEK spanked BH. 

When was the last time King beat BH ?  King has a good class of ahtletes this year, a whole lot better than BH this year, but dont see this being a yearly beat down.  Dont think Price beat BH, his athletes with ability beat BH this year and he got the win vs BH.   On another note, the score may have been a little different if BH ran another offense, but the out come would had been the same, just do not have the athletes King has this year. Played them closer than most this year, but same result,   BH has some decent underclassman players on freshman and JV and some younger player on varsity, if they mix the  offense up a little (or a lot) and find a QB. Don't see any clear cut QB coming up, but they will be competitive the next couple of seasons,

When was the last time King beat BH ?  King has a good class of ahtletes this year, a whole lot better than BH this year, but dont see this being a yearly beat down.  Dont think Price beat BH, his athletes with ability beat BH this year and he got the win vs BH.   On another note, the score may have been a little different if BH ran another offense, but the out come would had been the same, just do not have the athletes King has this year. Played them closer than most this year, but same result,   BH has some decent underclassman players on freshman and JV and some younger player on varsity, if they mix the  offense up a little (or a lot) and find a QB. Don't see any clear cut QB coming up, but they will be competitive the next couple of seasons,

I thought it was a huge mistake letting price go then, and I still do. To many winning seasons under his direction, then a few bad and out the door. Its high school. You get a coach like Price, you should hang on to him. Anyway, Good luck by BH boys on the rest of the season.

I also think my Horns gave up on Mack Brown to early also, so who knows.

When you are doing well you will get your opponents best effort.   If anyone thinks that Barbers Hill doesn't have pride I would say they are wrong.  Kudos to Barbers Hill.  I did not see anyone on their team give up until the final whistle.  Congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game.