Top recruits in the area

The top rated recruit right now is 2016 class OL Patrick Hudson of Silsbee. He is currently the #2 OL recruit in the state, #4 OL recruit in the nation and #19 overall (all positions) in the nation.

Only recruit locally that is close to him is 2015 class DB Deonte Thompson of WO-S.

Hudson has 20+ offers from all the big schools. He is currently a verbal commit to Baylor.

Thompson is verbally committed to Alabama.

Newton db Roney Elam , 4star committed to Texas A&M .
Newton ATH Calum Foster has received offers from LSU and a few other schools

How are his grades? That's also an issue sometimes. Especially if he's thinking Baylor.

Not implying anything...just asking.

As far as I know he hasn't failed since he has been in high school. I think he is a good student. I know his older sister who I graduated withe was and she played basketball for UT.

What baffles me is I've been to a few camps some of the top Recruits attended with my Son, but I can't understand how we're not talking about the WB RB with a few offers. This kid performed just as well as other top prospects from the area. I've told my Son & the WB RB's Father, what ever school gets them is getting a Steal. Keep your heads up & hang in there. It doesn't matter if you have 10-20+ offers, you can only use one, make it the best situation for you.

its great to see local talent get the looks and chances they deserve. This are should be a hot spot for all recruiters nationwide.  There is tons of talent in this area that get overlooked. Take for instance a school like McNeese State this is a hot spot for their recruiting and year in and year out that talent produces over there

See no reason to bash Lamar on this thread...of all the kids listed only 2 are committed to or only have offers from FCS teams (Seay - Nederland & Edwards - Buna)...and both of them have Lamar offers...none of these kids in their right mind are going to turn down FBS offers to play for Lamar...and Woodard knows that...he has even extended offers to these kids in some cases (Elam from Newton had a Lamar offer) knowing they aren't coming to Lamar

I wouldn't call it bashing Lamar. If kids from this area go FCS, more than likely they'll choose a school from the Southland Conference (except maybe an offer from North Dakota State). And if you get an offer from Sam, SFA, McNeese, or Central Arkansas, you more than likely would choose one of those programs before choosing Lamar. Lamar really just has a weak program in comparison to the other schools in the Southland.

See no reason to bash Lamar on this thread...of all the kids listed only 2 are committed to or only have offers from FCS teams (Seay - Nederland & Edwards - Buna)...and both of them have Lamar offers...none of these kids in their right mind are going to turn down FBS offers to play for Lamar...and Woodard knows that...he has even extended offers to these kids in some cases (Elam from Newton had a Lamar offer) knowing they aren't coming to Lamar

Very good post! There are other places to debate Woodards capabilities!!

I wouldn't call it bashing Lamar. If kids from this area go FCS, more than likely they'll choose a school from the Southland Conference (except maybe an offer from North Dakota State). And if you get an offer from Sam, SFA, McNeese, or Central Arkansas, you more than likely would choose one of those programs before choosing Lamar. Lamar really just has a weak program in comparison to the other schools in the Southland.

Beat SFA last year!!

Beat SFA last year!!

By how much again? Oh and wasn't it a last second TD? And how many times has that happened since Lamar has gotten their football team back? If you think Lamar can do it again this year, you're sadly mistaken. Anyone who is receiving offers from SFA and Lamar will choose SFA 100% of the time unless there are reasons preventing them from moving to Nac.

By how much again? Oh and wasn't it a last second TD? And how many times has that happened since Lamar has gotten their football team back? If you think Lamar can do it again this year, you're sadly mistaken. Anyone who is receiving offers from SFA and Lamar will choose SFA 100% of the time unless there are reasons preventing them from moving to Nac.

NOT TRUE 100% of the time. I know for a fact that several current LU football players had SFA offers when they committed to LU.