Oct. 17 – Kirbyville at Buna (Predictions)

Kirbyville 28
Buna 20
Last second score by Kirbyville. I think it's 8-0 Buna at half. Kirbyville's athleticism and pressure will get to Buna in the second half! Geez! If Woodville wasn't playing an important game next week! Lol

I haven't seen Buna play, but they must have a great defense if you think that they will hold the Wildcats scoreless till the 2nd half! Lord I hope not. Hahaha
I just hope that our Offense keeps a handle on the penalties and turnovers.

I haven't seen Buna play, but they must have a great defense if you think that they will hold the Wildcats scoreless till the 2nd half! Lord I hope not. Hahaha
I just hope that our Offense keeps a handle on the penalties and turnovers.

The Kats haven't seen a defense like Buna all year. That, combined with Buna's home field advantage, may shock Kirbyville at first. But they're good enough to fight through it and win the game.

Athough its been posted a few times I don't think the home field advantage meens much here. It's 15 minutes down the road, on a familiar field and unlike a lot of teams there will be just as many fans as if they were at home. Also if you don't think these boys would rather beat you on your own field you'd be wrong. Home field advantage 0 IMO.

That could be an interesting game.  Buna coming off two weeks of Kirbyville and EC then face a probably healthy Kountze team with a few wins under their belt now.  This is a trap game for Buna and better bring their A game.  A lot can happen between now and then but as of right now I have Kountze circled to win this one.

No they do not pass its a ball control clock control type offense. The best thing would be Kirbyville get 2-3 scores up and take them out of their norm. This is not a catch up offense

That's what I thought. And I know that the Cougars do it well, but the Kville defense will make it tough on them.

I'm ready to see If The Kats can stop Buna's Offense...I'm tellin ya man this Game will be a shocker at The End for you guys but not for me...Buna 34 Kirbyville 19

I try to be objective and I've been telling people to watch Buna all year. But I just don't see Buna putting 30+ on the Kirbyville D. I'll be there to see it if it happens but something would really have to fall apart.

The teams Buna D has held to two touchdowns were Warren, Woodville, Anahuac and Orangefield (who they only beat by one point).
Warren who scored 6 or less against every team except Huntington and Dewyville.
Woodville who averages 9 points a game
Anahuac who has only scored twice this year and only one was an offensive TD.

I'm not saying Buna's D isn't good. I'm just saying I don't see them keeping the Cats to two or three scores.

The teams Buna D has held to two touchdowns were Warren, Woodville, Anahuac and Orangefield (who they only beat by one point).
Warren who scored 6 or less against every team except Huntington and Dewyville.
Woodville who averages 9 points a game
Anahuac who has only scored twice this year and only one was an offensive TD.

I'm not saying Buna's D isn't good. I'm just saying I don't see them keeping the Cats to two or three scores.

You say "Woodville averages 9 points a game" but they just so happened to okay two I the best defenses in the state the last two weeks. They can put up points, believe me. Just not quite on the same level as Kirbyville or Buna. Lol

You say "Woodville averages 9 points a game" but they just so happened to okay two I the best defenses in the state the last two weeks. They can put up points, believe me. Just not quite on the same level as Kirbyville or Buna. Lol

No disrespect just a stat. Woodville is having issues but they'll hang tough and make it through it.