Humble @ Dayton

knightrider

Dayt got the horsepower going now,will avenge last yrs loss.Humble has little passing,but good in defending the pass.Humble most effective off the edges.Dayt by a cpl tds till I see more of the same we gave BH.Need to tweak 1 spot on special teams(return)Key= same attack vs BH on offense,but be crisper on routes=Humble way faster than BH in coverage,they have 7 picks already.Put the wildcat on the Wildcats often

Anxious to see how Dayton's offense matches up against Humble's touted defense. And please Bronco's "coach or replace #20 " on kick-off return's I've never seen anybody catch a ball with eleven guys coming full steam at you and your response is to  start walking waiting for the Red Sea to part , not once but twice on both returns !

This one is simple. If Dayton can stop Terio Brown, they win and pretty much secure a playoff spot. If not and he puts up Trey Williams-like numbers it could be a long night for Bronco. He's the exact type of scat-back Dayton has struggled with recently. I don't think Dayton will have as much success running the ball as they did on BH which will keep it close. Probably the biggest game in the district so far as it pertains to playoff places.

Dayton seems to be bi-polar. Lose 1 then win 1.

Hopefully they change that. Wont be a high scoring game. 21-17 Dayton

We been bi polar in the early part of the fb season several yrs.Go back a ways to pre pre-season.I predicted Dayt may give BH the worst arse whuppin since Gage 1st yr 54-0 thumping.Why take a foot off the neck & at least put a return player back there to field a late BH punt.Saw this coming after undefeated Dayt JV stuffed/bagged undefeated BH jv 34-6,Dayt took foot off the neck there

BH is tiny, Humble is a bit bigger on the oline, this game is going to be about who wins in the trenches. My thought is this game play out a lot like the crosby game, Humbles defense is dominate and gives there offense several chances close to the goaline. It took a fourth down stand and a forced field goal for the cougars to win i think Dayton has to do something similar on defense. 

if humble is gonna win it's gonna be due to Dayton missing tackles. Which is probable. 

28-10 dayton,

As for #20 (keener) needing to run the ball on kick off how do you know that the coaches don't tell him to wait for his blocks to be in place? He is a great athlete and had done exactly what he was doing against bh and has broke a few for touchdowns. Just let him play the game, and also he was playing both ways and on special teams.

If they replaced him with anyone who do you think they should replace him with?

28-10 dayton,

As for #20 (keener) needing to run the ball on kick off how do you know that the coaches don't tell him to wait for his blocks to be in place? He is a great athlete and had done exactly what he was doing against bh and has broke a few for touchdowns. Just let him play the game, and also he was playing both ways and on special teams.

If they replaced him with anyone who do you think they should replace him with?
[/quot His athletic ability is not in question he's a great athlete and player!,but when your on the 3 yard line there's no time to wait you have to make it happen and not hesitate.  Example-The little guy from BH ( Spears I think ) ran a return right up the middle for 50 yds with an all out sprint with or without blockers he didn't care !

Hope Humble coach(been in hospital)is ok.What I saw vs Crosby was Humble pretty vanilla on offense.That game (Crosby/Humb) was close by 3 Wildcat picks(ball thrown up for grabs in hvy coverage)and a mishandled Crosby kickoff recovered for Crosby score.Humble had 90 yds.If Crosby would have run the ball more the score would have been lopsided.

Dayton 35 humble 19. Two TDs more than Crosby did. Using coog14 non logic thinking. Dayton out scores Crosby with same played opponents.

Is there any film out there on this Dayton team?   I find it hard to believe that 35 points are going to get hung on Humble, especially from a team that had a lot of trouble last year moving the ball against essentially the same Defense last year .

I know that the Humble Defense has improved over last year, and so i guess the question is....how much did the Dayton Offense improve going into this year?