#5 Auburn at #20 K-State

PhatMack19

K-State seemed to be like kids on Christmas morning anxious & ready to open presents (cannot blame them as this was a big game for them) while Auburn acted as parents. Not taking anything from K-State as they did play well but Auburn didn't get up for this game IMO. I sure hope the same Auburn team that showed up to Manhattan is the one the Ags will play the 8th of Nov. at Jordan-Hare Stadium.. Think this L makes Snyder 1-13 against SEC opponents...

K-State Key Games
OU #4
Skip a wk.
OSU #25
Skip 3 wks.
Baylor #7

Auburn Key Games
LSU #8 (If Miss. St upsets LSU it will be 6 straight for Auburn)
Then 4 Straight (This IMO is what separates the SEC from other conferences)
USC #14
Ole Miss #10
A&M #6
Georgia #13
Skip a wk.
Bama #3

GIG'EM

Maybe so. But if we look back at games from last year, a whole lot of luck played in Auburn's favor. Just 2 that comes to mind Georgia (tipped pass for TD) and Alabama (putting time back on clock, returning missed FG attempt for TD)

So a wide receiver tips a ball to a defender who then returns it for a td, is that luck?

So if bamr makes the field goal after the second is added to the clock, would that have been luck also?

So a wide receiver tips a ball to a defender who then returns it for a td, is that luck?

So if bamr makes the field goal after the second is added to the clock, would that have been luck also?

You have to admit that Auburn got every break possible last year to win those games. Auburn was a good team but they did have some luck on their side.

You can add the A&M game to that with the no call horse collar and Johnny getting hurt inside the 5 and Joeckel not being able to get a TD.

You have to admit that Auburn got every break possible last year to win those games. Auburn was a good team but they did have some luck on their side.

You can add the A&M game to that with the no call horse coller and Johnny getting hurt inside the 5 and Joeckel not being able to get a TD.

I fnd it amusing the tipped pass in the uga game is luck yet if a wr tips a pass to a defender for an interception it's not luck. Like last night, Auburn's intercepton in the KST endzone, was that luck for Auburn or a bad play on the part of the wr.

And calling the FG return in the bamr game luck is pure BS.

And the 615 yards the A&M defense gave up had far more to do with Auburn's win than Manziel getting hurt or a no call. Dont forget your boy Manzeil tossed 2 interceptions.

I fnd it amusing the tipped pass in the uga game is luck yet if a wr tips a pass to a defender for an interception it's not luck. Like last night, Auburn's intercepton in the KST endzone, was that luck for Auburn or a bad play on the part of the wr.

And calling the FG return in the bamr game luck is pure BS.

And the 615 yards the A&M defense gave up had far more to do with Auburn's win than Manziel getting hurt or a no call. Dont forget your boy Manzeil tossed 2 interceptions.

The "tipped pass" was actually 2 defenders(both which could have intercepted the ball) running into each other and the ball popping right into the receivers hands. Sometimes things just go your way.

The "tipped pass" was actually 2 defenders(both which could have intercepted the ball) running into each other and the ball popping right into the receivers hands. Sometimes things just go your way.

But that wasn't a lucky play for Auburn. It was a poorl defensive play by the uga defender. He should've batted the ball down instead of trying to catch it.

I was told that West Virginia was an upgrade?

Seriously, WV is better this year. That offense will give OU trouble this weekend. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see WV win that game at home.

They are significantly better this year. I think OU will beat them worse than Bama though, even on the road. I don't think wvu would play that closely with A&M either. But they are significantly better this year. As for an upgrade, that pat white/Steve slaton (and the Owen guy that was a big bruiser Rb) team was probably better than any of A&M's in the last 15 years or so, other than the '12 team. After they left, not so much. Rich Rod had it going there for a while.

Wait - changing attitudes again - to quote Texas fans from last year - A win is a win regardless of how close the game may be or More importantly how good the opponent may be. So "taking a good team to the wire" makes no difference- or have we again changed the rules since we are not longer talking about A&M :P .

I wasn't on this board last football season so I wouldn't know. If you follow my posts, I do believe margin of victory is telling. In fact, I think to disregard it is ridiculous. That being said, if you do win them ALL, like auburn last year, then you've done your job.

As for your reference about "except A&M," I've been very impressed and said so several times with this team. In fact, if I'm putting together the playoffs today, it would be OU (look slightly better than Baylor to me), Oregon, fsu, and A&M. And any of those four winning a playoff wouldn't surprise me one iota.

At least K State was ranked. But still, Auburn was supposed to win handily. Bama and FSU squeaked by unranked Big XII teams.

When you are a team like Texas....struggling to get it right, a win is a win any way you can get it. When you are a top ranked team and almost get knocked off by an unranked, then you should drop. It's really pretty easy to keep that straight.

If Texas was where Auburn is and played like that, everyone on this board, especially Ags, would be calling for their heads. They do even when we are unranked and lose, so y'all are the ones who need to be consistent. Oops, I guess you are in that respect.

I wasn't on this board last football season so I wouldn't know. If you follow my posts, I do believe margin of victory is telling. In fact, I think to disregard it is ridiculous. That being said, if you do win them ALL, like auburn last year, then you've done your job.

As for your reference about "except A&M," I've been very impressed and said so several times with this team. In fact, if I'm putting together the playoffs today, it would be OU (look slightly better than Baylor to me), Oregon, fsu, and A&M. And any of those four winning a playoff wouldn't surprise me one iota.

You are more optimistic than I am I think that with A&M schedule they will stumble maybe twice - I do agree with you on the other teams.  Baylor and OU will be a great game to watch.

At least K State was ranked. But still, Auburn was supposed to win handily. Bama and FSU squeaked by unranked Big XII teams.

When you are a team like Texas....struggling to get it right, a win is a win any way you can get it. When you are a top ranked team and almost get knocked off by an unranked, then you should drop. It's really pretty easy to keep that straight.

If Texas was where Auburn is and played like that, everyone on this board, especially Ags, would be calling for their heads. They do even when we are unranked and lose, so y'all are the ones who need to be consistent. Oops, I guess you are in that respect.

They should give out half wins for moral victories. That would be awesome!

The spread last night was 7. Auburn won by 6 so it wasn't that far off. Auburn did look like crap though and was lucky to escape with a win. I just hope they play like that against A&M.