TICKED OFF DAD-SO LET'S GET STUFF CLEAR

MAYFIELD

THUG - (n) - A cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer

Now I will start by saying this to anyone who was at the game, and feel like they had to voice that comment about my son.
One yes he was wrong for how far his temper took him, he is a kid and learning. Football is also a a physical and tempered
game. To suggest that my son is a THUG, you have my attention. I can tell you must don't KNOW Leon at all. If you know him you would know him from his smile, before football. Tell me what defines him as a THUG, then I will take you to a true THUG, and let you compare. However I came across a few names and trust and believe I will talk to you, I always said watch what you say when it comes to someone child. I can promise you this Leon knows nothing about the street life to be called a THUG, but DADDY lived it and changed his life over the years. In saying that sometimes it's good to know where you come from, so you can show a person the difference. So say what you want about DADDY, when I ask you the question my response will be quick-WATCH ME WORK. You will learn not to talk about anyone son again.

*Mod edit*

Man let it go Mayfield, you know how those people are. I have a Red and Black 5 waiting on your son and his brother. What did I miss?

I mean because he a Black Kid and lost his cool he a Thug. I mean this hurt because I moved and shielded my kids from that life I grew up in. Then to have a kid with his kind of heart and passion get called a THUG. There are family members they don't know because I didn't need that for my boys and for them to say that. MAN

I don't know your son,but you had something to say about the Central kids and what your feeling were on a hand shake MAN how you forgot they call our sons thugs and you were all with it now its different that's sh-- funny. I felt the say way when you guys were talking about my sons and every man love his ,

No sir reread the quotes I stated that the principle of the handshake was wrong, and that the guy would made the statement should check himself before call out names. get it right.

No sir reread the quotes I stated that the principle of the handshake was wrong, and that the guy would made the statement should check himself before call out names. get it right.

I'm good but we know as dads its different for our kids, PA didn't shake hands and it was nothing to write about it was kids, but there will be people that will always look at and treat kids different I just didn't think some of us should help supply them gas, good luck to the bulldogs I know you guys will have it together by district.
Ps
people have call me many things and words won't hurt they talked about JC and called him many things words are from men mouth and its said no man can ever control his tongue.

I mean because he a Black Kid and lost his cool he a Thug. I mean this hurt because I moved and shielded my kids from that life I grew up in. Then to have a kid with his kind of heart and passion get called a THUG. There are family members they don't know because I didn't need that for my boys and for them to say that. MAN

We have a 1 and 7 available too. Plus he has to learn to deal with adversity in winning and losing. People will call him names and will not like for no reason.

I'm good but we know as dads its different for our kids, PA didn't shake hands and it was nothing to write about it was kids, but there will be people that will always look at and treat kids different I just didn't think some of us should help supply them gas, good to the bulldogs I know you guys will have it together by district.

when did we not shake hands?

I don't know your son,but you had something to say about the Central kids and what your feeling were on a hand shake MAN how you forgot they call our sons thugs and you were all with it now its different that's sh-- funny. I felt the say way when you guys were talking about my sons and every man love his ,

I just put a comment on my quote to your son topic so you can reread it correctly

Mayfield:

I dont know you, I didnt witness what happened in the game, and I know nothing about your sons. I do know what its like to have someone run down my child and I know the rage that creates in me as a father.  From your posts in this thread I would say that you have worked your whole life to overcome the circumstances in which you grew up and to protect your children from the dangers you had to face.  If that is true then you have shown your sons what a man really is.  By posting your response here you have defended them like a father defends his kids in a manner that is equal to the way in which they were attacked.  My only advice is to continue to be the example you have been to them so far.  Let your rage pass and show them that a man can be above the criticism of others and forgive those who speak from ignorance.  You and your sons are to strong to be hurt by the word of fools.

I'm good but we know as dads its different for our kids, PA didn't shake hands and it was nothing to write about it was kids, but there will be people that will always look at and treat kids different I just didn't think some of us should help supply them gas, good luck to the bulldogs I know you guys will have it together by district.Pspeople have call me many things and words won't hurt they talked about JC and called him many things words are from men mouth and its said no man can ever control his tongue.

huh? Didnt shake hands when?

You do what is right by your children and forget what someone behind a keyboard is saying. I have personally never heard one single thing bad about your kids. I have die hard Nederland fans in my immediate family and never have those guys had anything bad to say about them. The guys follow everything about the Bulldogs if your kids were rebel rousers or trouble makers they would have told me. DOnt sweat it. And this is from the Bulldogs mortal enemies across the tracks.......LOL Go Indians!!!!!

Honestly I was at the game and I would not call your sons actions thuggish or anything close to that.
Did he get mad? Yes
Did he react with a hot head? Yes
Thug? No.

If you called every kid that done what he did a thug then most all players would be thugs. Football is a tough physical sport and sometimes we let the feelings get the best of us. But that doesn't make someone a thug.

Like so many times in life, people say things without considering the effect it will have on others. We are all guilty of it - or at least I know I am.

I think the problem is that a lot of people don't realize how offensive the term "thug" is to people in the African American community. I know I didn't until a few years ago when a guy who is like a brother to me (and who is black) clued me in. I honestly had no idea. I grew up in a lily white community (no NOT Vidor - not that there's anything wrong with that ;) ) and we were using the term back then, referring to thuggish people we grew up with who happened to be white. I didn't know there was a racial connotation to it. I stopped using the word.

However, there have been plenty of incidents since then (Richard Sherman comes to mind) that have shown how offensive it could be. But there are probably plenty of people who use it without meaning anything by it. Then again, there are plenty of people who still use the N word behind closed doors.

At the end of the day, we have to teach our kids to ignore and walk away from ignorance, whether it is intentional or not. Kids who are successful like yours will be subjected to it plenty. They have to be the bigger man (and I'm sure they are most of the time as their daddy taught them). I do understand it a harder to pill to swallow when that's your little boy out there.