Decisions, Decisions

Peppermint Patty

6 games will be on the SEC Network on Saturday so 90+ million people will have the option to watch if they so choose.

I wanted to watch Texas play last Saturday to see Chucky's first game but since I have Direct Tv I wasn't able to. I left my house and met king at one of those fancy new sports bars with 100+ tv's and 100oz beer tubes. Not one of those 100+ tv's was able to pick up the LHN as crazy at it seems. I don't get how the top program in the country can't get their games on TV. A $60 bar tab later, I guess I learned my lesson about the LHN and it's very limited distribution.

6 games will be on the SEC Network on Saturday so 90+ million people will have the option to watch if they so choose.

I wanted to watch Texas play last Saturday to see Chucky's first game but since I have Direct Tv I wasn't able to. I left my house and met king at one of those fancy new sports bars with 100+ tv's and 100oz beer tubes. Not one of those 100+ tv's was able to pick up the LHN as crazy at it seems. I don't get how the top program in the country can't get their games on TV. A $60 bar tab later, I guess I learned my lesson about the LHN and it's very limited distribution.

Your argument got old a long time ago.

You did not want to watch. I offered you my Time Warner username and password to watch. You refused. Gigem :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Some day, when Texas A&M grows up, they will get their own network too. It won't be the first, but maybe it will be the biggest. 

I watched it without a problem. I guess it's a matter of "want to". 

ESPN has the followng listed for Saturday, September 6 for the SEC Network:

12:00 PM   Arkansas State @ Tennessee
12:00 PM   Florida Atlantic @ #2 Alabama
04:00 PM   Eastern Michigan @ Florida
04:00 PM   Nicholls State @ Arkansas
07:30 PM   Lamar @ #21 Texas A&M
07:30 PM   Sam Houston State @ #13 LSU

What is the Alternate Channel choice? I sure would like to watch the 9th best team in the country play the Fighting Cardinals.

You know, sometimes I really just have to sit back and wonder if the UT fans realize how much the rest of the country's fanbases have been laughing at them over the Longhorn network, its unintended consequences, the demise of Mack Brown and the shell of a conference they now play in for the past three years.

And I say that as someone who hopes to be in Austin wearing burnt orange next year.

You know, sometimes I really just have to sit back and wonder if the UT fans realize how much the rest of the country's fanbases have been laughing at them over the Longhorn network, its unintended consequences, the demise of Mack Brown and the shell of a conference they now play in for the past three years.

And I say that as someone who hopes to be in Austin wearing burnt orange next year.

That tends to happen. Every thing is cyclical. Texas is down, they will be back.

Not too long ago Alabama was a shell of its former self, now, not so much.

The LHN has been a bust. No doubt about it. UT has only benefited from a financial standpoint. That's about it.

As for the conference, if it continues to decline, UT will do what's best for UT.

I watched it without a problem. I guess it's a matter of "want to".

ESPN has the followng listed for Saturday, September 6 for the SEC Network:
12:00 PM Arkansas State @ Tennessee
12:00 PM Florida Atlantic @ #2 Alabama
04:00 PM Eastern Michigan @ Florida
04:00 PM Nicholls State @ Arkansas
07:30 PM Lamar @ #21 Texas A&M
07:30 PM Sam Houston State @ #13 LSU

What is the Alternate Channel choice? I sure would like to watch the 9th best team in the country play the Fighting Cardinals.

Just like there is an espn 2 , sec will also have a 2 channels for the 630 games.

That tends to happen. Every thing is cyclical. Texas is down, they will be back.

The LHN has been a bust. No doubt about it. UT has only benefited from a financial standpoint. That's about it.

As for the conference, if it continues to decline, UT will do what's best for UT.

I'm glad someone admits that. Props.

I personally am very optimistic about Strong. UT picked a good coach. But he has more to overcome than I think any first year head coach in UT history ever has, especially in the recruiting game. A&M, Baylor and even Tech all have a lot more clout than they used to, and there's even more competition from out of state now that the SEC is represented in Texas.

I'm glad someone admits that. Props.

I personally am very optimistic about Strong. UT picked a good coach. But he has more to overcome than I think any first year head coach in UT history ever has, especially in the recruiting game. A&M, Baylor and even Tech all have a lot more clout than they used to, and there's even more competition from out of state now that the SEC is represented in Texas.

Strong can offset his woes in Texas by continuing to recruit Florida. He has done very well in that state for years.

When he starts winning, the Texas kids will come back. If he can't win, he will not be the UT coach.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11447649/examining-week-2-cupcakes-michigan-state-spartans-b1g-task

To be honest IMO they should cut out non conference games & with doing so have a 10 team playoff system!

GIG'EM

That would be fair if you played every team in your conference. Bottom line, 4 teams is not enough.

"And now conference networks are all the rage, with the ACC considering joining the club. Meanwhile, Texas and its Longhorn Network contract safely keep the Big 12 from considering a conference channel for 17 more years."

That about sums it up.

I liked the article in that it showed UT was NOT the only culprit against a conference network. Read closely. All the Ags trying to lay blame squarely on UT's shoulders when they were just as GUILTY. Talk about two faced!

Ags, really, that's all you live for is to find fault with UT. What an existence that must be.

For most people, the second thing out of their mouths when being introduced to someone is not which college they attended.

I liked the article in that it showed UT was NOT the only culprit against a conference network. Read closely. All the Ags trying to lay blame squarely on UT's shoulders when they were just as GUILTY. Talk about two faced!

Ags, really, that's all you live for is to find fault with UT. What an existence that must be.

For most people, the second thing out of their mouths when being introduced to someone is not which college they attended.

Truth Hurts.  I understand.

This.

I approve of this message. 100% agree!