Vandy!LOL

king

After last night, the one thing we learned...

#overrated

Anxious to see what Clemson does with Georgia.  And LSU better handle that lowly Big 10 team.

But come on you are stating that one of the normal low teams of the SEC lose and that makes the conference #overrated - so I guess that means that when Kansas gets beat the Big 12 must be #overrated as well.   Sorry not a good argument.

But come on you are stating that one of the normal low teams of the SEC lose and that makes the conference #overrated - so I guess that means that when Kansas gets beat the Big 12 must be #overrated as well.   Sorry not a good argument.

This thread is about sec.

And so you try to spin the big 12 into it. 

Aggies need to realize that Longhorn fans do not care what conference they play in, I could care less care about trying to retain the mantle of best conference. What trophy is that?

Again it was a great win last night on the road.

I am talking about a team that finished tied for 7th in conference with A&M LAST YEAR.  I do agree with you that the Georgia game will be interesting.  LSU is playing a Big 10 team so not sure how far that will go.  Unless they lose, of course.

Gets curbstomped by Temple 37-7.

SEC fans what happened? Thought SEC dominates on every level?

Come on now King Vandy was picked last in the SEC East.... Look at your own conference bud heck FSU is the only team in that conference!!

Can't win them all, congrats to Temple now we see just how great Franklin really was at Vandy.

Aggies need to realize that Longhorn fans do not care what conference they play in, I could care less care about trying to retain the mantle of best conference. What trophy is that?

I once talked to a great player - John Lucas.

the one quote in my 5 min conversation that I took away with was this - "You have to play against the best to become the best".

I think that is an accurate statement and it applies directly to the recent direction of the two programs we are talking about.

After last night, the one thing we learned...

#overrated

Anxious to see what Clemson does with Georgia.  And LSU better handle that lowly Big 10 team.

Certainly, Vanderbilt was one of the biggest disasters in college football in Week One.  They were an 8.5 pt favorite and lost by 30.  But the rest of the SEC did not look overated.  A&M and Georgia were the most impressive.  But Ole Miss, Miss St, Kentucky, and Tennessee all easily covered their spreads as well.  If you want to talk about the Big 12, let's start with Tech and Iowa St. and their fine performances.   

Just a comparison man - try and keep up as you appear to be lagging behind these discussions.  

Week one summary of conference results:

SEC - 10 Wins 1 Loss and beat 2 ranked teams

Pac 12 - 10 Wins 2 Losses and no opposition was ranked

Big 12 - 6 Wins 3 Losses - and not opposition was ranked

So far the SEC still appears to be the best conference.

No whocareswhatmyname is - blast this Aggie because he had the gall to say that the conference that A&M choose to play in is perhaps the best in the land. 

Wait - when we compared the W-L of the Aggie's and Texas last year I was told - by a Texas fan (do not remember who) that a win is a win and a loss is a loss regardless of the rank of the team or by how bad you get beat.  As in A&M lost 4 games last year by about a total of 10 points and all to top 10 teams - was told by more than one a loss was a loss.

So now it matters?????

You need to keep consistent on these things.

Week one summary of conference results:

SEC - 10 Wins 1 Loss and beat 2 ranked teams

Pac 12 - 10 Wins 2 Losses and no opposition was ranked

Big 12 - 6 Wins 3 Losses - and not opposition was ranked

So far the SEC still appears to be the best conference.

No whocareswhatmyname is - blast this Aggie because he had the gall to say that the conference that A&M choose to play in is perhaps the best in the land. 

Big and Pac 12 both lead the sec in wins

sec is third. Do you want your trophy now?

Again CFB Live 

The two ranked teams were #1 and #2. Their unranked opponents did not win but scared the crap out of them. One or two plays and the score is reversed. Both should drop in the rankings. Also speaks volumes for the pollsters and their top 25.

Ags suck up to their conference teams now but showed absolutely no respect for any conference team when they were in the Big XII. Funny how that works. Must be an Ag character flaw.