Rally in support of Shane Hadnot-----HUH??

thetragichippy

A rally is planned at 9 a.m. Wednesday outside the federal courthouse in Beaumont to support Shane Hadnot, the man a grand jury indicted last week on charges of selling the drugs linked to Alfred Wright's death

http://www.kfdm.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/kfdm_vid_11318.shtml

this is gonna be interesting, wasn't expecting this.

these people are as crazy as alfred's people.

as much as i hate drug dealers i do think he is getting screwed but he can thank alfred's people for that.

sounds like he cooperated with authorities and it seems like they would of gave him some type of protection.

Sometimes its just easier to find blame and move on, case forgotten. Not so sure I'm willing to close the case & blame it on a drug dealer for a man's indirect death. I still think Lee Harvey Oswald was set up.

I think the Alfred case needed to find someone to convict.....the public was not going to accept that a "nice guy" with a family had a drug overdose. You can blame the people that were looking for "justice"

I think Oswald had help......lot's of it

Alfred's family is rallying in support of Hadnot because his admission of selling drugs to Wright does not fit the narrative that the family wants to believe, which is that he was murdered and that it was covered up by local cops (almost believable, given the local gossip), state cops (much less believable), and national cops (not believable at all).

For the people that complained of the police response in the missing person case and the claim that this was all racial, the cops didn't care and it was the police that killed him and covered it up, they should read the federal indictment that gives details of the entire incident from beginning to end.

I have been involved in many missing person cases and many times it only involves the taking of a police report and putting the person in a national law enforcement database depending on the information gathered that gives leads.  

The indictment was submitted by the US Attorney Office, not the local police, sheriff or even the Texas Rangers. 

Wright had sent Hadnot many text messages buying drugs. When confronted by that fact that can be proven after a subpoena of the records, Hadnot admitted to selling Wright drugs daily. Wright's wife said that nothing appeared wrong with him but a short time later recanted that story and said that he was acting strange. She then stated that he was "on something". That was confirmed by a patient and his wife right before he went missing when they gave statements that he appeared disoriented. 

After the wife said that he was okay but then changed her story to him being on something, the family denied the police several requests to search the truck or personal laptop. So this innocent man that has nothing to hide has his wife lie to the police about drug use and the family denies the police access to something early in the investigation that might lead to his location. The next morning the deputy at the scene left to get a court order to search for the cell phone location (pinging) and when he left, the family took the personal and business laptops. Of course it is their right to do so and it was upheld and the police did not force the issue but talk about things that make you go hmmmm......

By the next morning a family reported finding the pieces of clothing. This might have been 12 hours after Wright had been reported missing. The police (sheriff department) then began a search of that area as they now had a location to concentrate on. The police then called in state tracking dogs to the scene and tracked the scent to a bayou and found more clothes in the field. They made repeated requests for aircraft but none could be found. That flies in the face of some claims that the police didn't do anything. Of course they such people are speaking out of ignorance but many people see these claims and take them as fact. That search continued for three more days and was led by the US Forest Service which shows federal agencies were involved from the beginning. The Texas Rangers joined in the investigation during that time frame. 

When Wright's body was found, the Rangers had that crime scene and stayed with the body until it was recovered by several agencies including the pathologist. 

The people that say the autopsy was botched by our local pathologist, the Wright family hired their own to look it over. But that was not enough. The samples were sent to a lab in Pennsylvania and it was they that came back with drugs from tissue and hair samples. If I counted correctly, a total of five "additional" pathologists and experts were used in addition to the local pathologists. Those include the director of human identification from the University of North Texas, the Texas DPS crime lab, the director of forensics services in Montgomery County and a board certified pathologist from Sam Houston University (and the Wright's personally hired pathologist). Guess what they all concluded? There was no signs of trauma, his decomposed body was consistent for a person being dead for a good while (not for less than a day as I saw on a KBMT FB page) and his death was due to drug overdose.  

I suppose the FBI, US Attorney, Texas Rangers, many pathologists and crime labs (including out of state) all got together to cover up a crooked local cop. 

Anyway, for all the false claims that come up on places like FaceBook news station pages, read the link below of the entire indictment signed by the US Attorney Office for the Eastern District of Texas. Then determine if Hadnot was just a scapegoat....... after he admitted to selling drugs to Wright that appears to have killed him. 

http://www.kfdm.com/contests/upickem/images/handnot%20clerked%20indictment08072014151311.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

it is funny when facts are revealed in these type of cases. it makes a lot of people look stupid.

I went back and read the previous threads on this case. As with some other cases, some people jump to conclusions without getting all the facts. I feel pretty sorry for that backwoods Sheriff that messed up the case, was in over his head, was covering up because Wright used to date his daughter....None of those things ended up being true (along with MANY wrong claims on the autopsy report) but many did not  want to wait for the facts.....just wanted to use the old "SETX" excuse.......