Former BISD sup Chargois gets three month salary

AggiesAreWe

• 4 weeks later...

Some ppl around here think Beaumont is the dump of America, step foot in Detroit folks.

Well, It's the #6 most dangerous cities to live in,  in 2013 ranked #1 as the most miserable city.....however in 2014 it's now ranked #4 most miserable city......

So, I think Shaggy may have a chance since the better qualified applicants will go to one of the other 14,000 plus school districts in the US....... 

I am guessing that the way these decisions are made is by looking at resumes' (seen it a few times in my city as they have changed city managers a few times). On paper some people look good but then you start digging. Pick out a few that look good, name them as "finalists" and then start weeding them out. 

I was listening on KLVI this morning (I think that was the station) and there was an interview with one of the people involved in the decision making up there. One of the things they were looking for was someone not carrying baggage. I think the way the guy put it was something like, "We are looking for someone that did not leave their last job under investigation or difficult circumstances". There seems to have been something on Chargois' packet that said he "resigned" from BISD and was looking for new opportunities or something to that effect.

While that may not be a lie, if that is what he wrote (and I think reported) then it seems at the least, disingenuous.  I think Detroit was looking for someone that wanted to be there, not someone just "looking for a job" after losing the last one.