Longhorn WR's charged with sexual assault

As an impressionable youth, the NFL tells me that crimes against women aren't so bad.

Thats right! Smoking pot is a lot worse that abusing women. Josh Gordon got a year suspension for getting high; meanwhile, Ray Rice gets to miss two games for beating his wife.
I know that fotball is a rough sport and it tends to draw rough people. Some common sense and standards need to be set and applied in both college and the NFL. I guess that should go toward society in general, but thats a whole 'nother matter.

Thats right! Smoking pot is a lot worse that abusing women. Josh Gordon got a year suspension for getting high; meanwhile, Ray Rice gets to miss two games for beating his wife.
I know that fotball is a rough sport and it tends to draw rough people. Some common sense and standards need to be set and applied in both college and the NFL. I guess that should go toward society in general, but thats a whole 'nother matter.

Josh Gordon has been in trouble his whole career with multiple arrest. This is Ray Rice's 1st offense in his long career. He was not convicted of any crime. The video had a lot of questions not answered. Rice's lawyers would have had a field day with the NFL if they would have suspended him more.

Josh Gordon has been in trouble his whole career with multiple arrest. This is Ray Rice's 1st offense in his long career. He was not convicted of any crime. The video had a lot of questions not answered. Rice's lawyers would have had a field day with the NFL if they would have suspended him more.

I'm sure his fiance/wife simply passed out and dragging her by her hair was his only option to save her from that burning building.

A grown ass man has NO right to lay his hands on ANY woman. 1st offense or not.

I'm sure his fiance/wife simply passed out and dragging her by her hair was his only option to save her from that burning building.

A grown ass man has NO right to lay his hands on ANY woman. 1st offense or not.

It is likely that in the following interviews by the NFL she supported him and even possibly took the blame (I know - I think it is a stretch as well) and that could be the reason that the punishment was so light.  The reason - they are now married.

It is likely that in the following interviews by the NFL she supported him and even possibly took the blame (I know - I think it is a stretch as well) and that could be the reason that the punishment was so light.  The reason - they are now married.

Based on her statements today, she has accepted part of the "blame" for being knocked out by a professional athlete.

All I can say is that no man is going to lay hands on my daughter. That is not going to happen.

Based on her statements today, she has accepted part of the "blame" for being knocked out by a professional athlete.

All I can say is that no man is going to lay hands on my daughter. That is not going to happen.

I agree - someone beat my daughter like that and quite likely I would be the one in jail for doing something stupid.  But as an Ex-Police officer I know that if the victim does not want to press charges or states that the altercation was their fault - prosecution (in this case punishment) is almost impossible.